Why do Grand Am owners think their car is fast?

He tries to cut me off, so I put a stop to that. He pulled up next to me and asked for a race. So I gave it to him. When it was over, he just couldn’t understand how I beat him, since he was beating civics “just like mine” a few days earlier. I even tried to tell him that my car wasn’t stock, but he just couldn’t comprehend that the almighty Grand Am GT just got beat by another car. Will they ever learn?

did it have a big HAVOC banner in the windshield

Why do Grand Am owners think their car is fast?

Pontiac builds excitement.
Haven’t you seen the commercials?

:lol: so true about Grand AM owners

Haha, way to let him down easy.

:lol: way to set him straight Jim :slight_smile: I used to own a grandam…but I knew it was slow so…I don’t count :wink:

They are the American BMW. I forgot who told me that, but I guess that is the way they want to position their cars.

That made me lol. Zee germans are trying to ship those things bak to karutville like its going out of style!

Nice!

I remember one day two years ago, some 40 yr old man in a Grand-Am GT decided he wanted a roll race with me. After all was said and done he just yelled “YOU FUCKING KIDS”.

lol…that made my day.

:lol:

yea Grand Am’s, I’ve had many encounters with some of those, arrrgh

just responding to title:

i’ve driven a black '02 GT before. with the low-profile tires… it handles pretty good. the 3.4 is decently quick

but overall

they’re girly little shitboxes that shouldn’t race anything for fear that it’ll get smoked and be surrounded by plastic-y flying parts and fragments of it’s own wheel bearings

EDIT: djnickthemix = exception

I highly doubt it.

lol this happens to me a lot, they think cause their grand am has a big wing and my car has a big wing that we are equal ROFL

and they always have the 45 degree gangsta lean going on, with the sideways hat

its got ram air yo

:rofl:

i beat easily a GA GT from a roll in my virtually stock cav
i have had little respect for them ever since.

:bsflag: you thought it was fast. Racing people at lights down transit…

i heard that Ram Air Grand Am’s beat low boost RX-7’s with big turbos :gotme:

I was on a road the other day datalogging, and I went by this grand am 3rd gear WOT. I slow down to take a peek at the parameters and I see this guy like 4 inches from my bumper. Then he floors is and scoots by me, slows down and matches me:shrug:. I looked over at him, blurped 2nd, he stomped on it, I stomped on it and blew him away.:shoot:

As to why they think there cars are fast…well, thats because they think there cars are fast! What makes a car “fast” in ones head is relative to their prior experiances! Most of the time a grand am GT is a big upgrade from a 91 corsica, they think they’re flying!!!

gt = Great fasT

Or an 84 tercel

you know that guy was asking for it before i ever started my car…so don’t start with me :wink: :lol: