Why do Grand Am owners think their car is fast?

Wider is better, everyone knows that. :tup:

I was driving down transit the other day, and took a left onto walden.

A black grand am gt, driven by a “total gotti”, gets next to me…with a car infront of him.

I rip it up from 20-60, and he obv. falls behind.

He guns it, and instead of getting behind me, or slowing down for the car infront of him.

He does about 75 into the center turning lane, around the car infront of him, and drives off.

sweet brah

Aleros may be on the same platform as a Grand Am, but at least I know my car is slow. I stick to bracket racing. lol

Some dude in a sweet z34 lumina tried that on a me a few weeks back. they will never learn.

e.g.,: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=83252051

I just got the following email from a friend and had to look this thread up. The only thing I changed in the quote below was his daughter’s name.

Oh, as a side note, I was a witness to a accident today. Top notch too. Dude had serious road rage and was pissed at me because I wasn’t speeding. When he finally got around me he was all the way over to the left shoulder, flew past me, then made a seriously hard right to get back in front of me. The rear end of his car got loose and skidded onto the right hand shoulder, he overcompensated with a hard turn to the left, and the car went swerving across the lane, jumped the ditch, and broadsided a telephone phone, breaking it in half and having the power lines land on his car. (He was easily doing 40-50 when he hit it.) Nice spark show. YYYY was in the truck with me, and she was horrified. I really thought the dude was dead. I pulled over and called 911. There were about 4 cars that stopped, but nobody got near the car because of the sparks from the power lines. I drove away and called the police after I got to work. I told them I wasn’t sure if I needed to follow a report or anything, but gave them my name and number and she told me they would call if they had any questions. I asked her if he was OK, and she told me that once the power company came and turned off the power, he crawled out of the car. She said he was very lucky. I think YYYY is going to have nightmares about that one.

I asked for some more details…

It happened in Gasport, about 3 miles from my house. Guy was probably in his early 20’s, but not sure. I only really saw him when he passed me. It looked like a 3-4 year old grand am, but I was in awe of how pissed off he was because I was going the speed limit. It started “in town” where the limit is 30 and when it went from 30, to 45 I sped up to just below 50. He actually passed me when it went from 45 to 55. I didn’t really notice. I’ve been watching the news outlets, but nothing yet. I might stop and take picture of the scene tonight or tomorrow. There has to be nice skid marks when he lost control.

yeah…but you still thought it was fast :ohnoes:

saw a kid in a Red GA GT witha body kit, actually it was just the front bumper… he thought he was all cool with his huge sunroof open speeding around traffic on transit on his way to EH mall. I down shifted into 2nd and rang the straight pipe in his highschool GFs ear to let her know what real power sounds like.

WAS IT WHITE???

i bet all of the grand am’s in question were white. for some reason, i only see white grand am’s around…

no comment…(except that grand am owners think they are the shit and think their cars are lightning fast)

But im sure somewhere out there…there is a seriously modded Grand Am…that actually is fast.

HAHA! i saw that too! i actually almost hit some traffic that stopped abruptly because i was trying to figure out what was up with that.

side note, i HATE grand am drivers. they (along with alot of v6 and 5.0 mustang drivers) think their cars are god’s balls.

grand am drivers think that their cars are fast too. last summer while driving minglor’s slaab, some asshat pulled up next to me on sheridan during a roll. i looked over and saw the front end lift, i dropped a gear and went and he immediatly shut down.
i miss that car… :cry:

Ive raced a few in the buick…3.8 > 3.4

YES

A GT tried racing me yesterday, LOL i let him know his GT doesnt mean GOT TURBO

Yeah sorry

that was a damn classy move tho…

http://myspace-866.vo.llnwd.net/00803/66/87/803437866_l.gifeh yo beck… how you say dehh, becking-what you say dehh… ay what the fuck is yo DOIN out in traffic, i’m drivin there, cuttin round ya emo ass… get the fuck outta heahhhh… 3.4 litres of CRAZY, dawg…

CRYAZZZZZEEEEEE!

HAHAHAHA!

once again, my favorite poster.

No way, they are all silver.

or black