gonna shave... what do u think?

im gonna shave the stock antenna and go with a hidden one to go on the rear window. what do u think of this? any one know of something cheaper/local?

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/44UA200.html

Looks cool let me know how it works.
Ground it at the same spot as your headunit if there is a noise problem.

Yeah man, I had my antenna out for a couple days cause the motor died, all that was covering the hole was a piece of tape to keep the moisture out and it looked so clean!

Good luck!

yeah ive been thinking about something different myself, i dont know how good of a reception you will get with something like that , but let us know.
Lately people have been using the S2000 antenna seems to work good and looks nice too, but youre going for the shave look so i guess not.

yah, i rather be clean shaven. heh.

I’m curious if the S14 has 2 antena’s like the S13 (hatch)?

check the antena plug on the radio side, 1 prong = 1 antena, 2 prong = 2

IIRC i think its 1. cuz i had to buy an antenna adapter when i installed the deck.

The stock stereo grounds through the antenna iirc, so make sure you find a new ground for the stereo if you do this, otherwise looks pimp

adaptor? meaning your factory plug didn’t fit, due to size of prong? or # of prongs?

I’m pretty sure S-14’s have secondary antenna’s in the rear window. Why don’t you try it with only the one?

That’s what I said…

i tried that on my s13 hatch. not very good reception at all. get a proper antenna unless your sticking with cd’s

Did someone say clean shave???

:slight_smile:

whoa, speaking of hidden antennas… i finally put mine in today, its made by Autoloc thouhg, i got it on ebay. It’s a pretty good antenna, we put under the glass where the hatch is. It was done so well that it looks factory. :slight_smile: Reception is pretty clear in my opinion. im going to get the original taken out and cover that spot up :slight_smile:

I have a shaved antenna… nobody notices until i point it out… looks really clean tho…

my car’s an s13 hatch… but i’m sure it would look hot on an s14… it evens shit out.

That’s what I said…[/quote]

Ya, sorry, I meant to quote you…didn’t mean to tread on your post.

That’s what I said…[/quote]

S14’s do have the secondary antenana in the rear window. However, the reception is not as good as the external antenna. If you only listen to local city stations anyways, you will be fine. If you are in Markham, and listen to stations from outside of Toronto, its gets touchy.

The usual adaptor for the S14 Nissan antenna to the aftermarket deck uses the outside antenna, and doesnt even used the rear antenna. If you dont mind working with wires, you can reverse the adaptor so that it only used your stock rear glass antenna.

You can be clean shaven for free, just a little work. You’ll probably get better reception with that antenna you posted up Mr. Skinny.

If you have any questions, let me know.

yah tahts what i figured. i think im gonna go with the antenna i posted. its gonna come out to about 30usd or so shipped. not too bad.

i have that exact antenna, and i get shit for reception

at least shit compared to the original

^^^ is it and the headunit grounded together and properly ?