Good Car Books

Being in a library right now (studying for finals lol) it occured to me that there has to be some good books on cars out there. I mean, practical knowledge is the key, but a certain level of theory is required for you to go out there and do things, and generally speaking there’s a book for everything. I know a bunch of ppl here are Mech Eng, and me being in Aero, I don’t really know what you guys learn, but you seem to know a lot about cars, so I figure they’re teaching you atleast something about them :smiley: (yea yea, I’m Aero cause it’s my passion, but I like cars a lot too) This is ofcourse open to anyone that happens to know of any great books to learn about cars. I’m mostly interested in suspension and chassis stuff, but I’d appreciate any reccomendations regardless of topic.
I’d actually prefer something more hardcore and technical, but even basic stuff will be of help. Hopefully a lot of people can get something from this.

There was some book my uncle told me to read. It is cald Auto Mechanics
Fundamentals or something.

It gives you a good insight on how every part of the car works. Its like a
book they use to teach mechanics, so it covers everything from chassis
to engine to brakes to electrical to suspension.

You should be able to find that or something very similar. Thats where my
knowledge base for cars came from. Then with a lot of reading on forums
like Fresh Alloy and the hands on knowledge that comes from building
your own car from a shell, you will know a fair bit.

I know that one of the better books for turbochargers and the theory/design behind them is called “Maximum Boost” by Corky Bell. It’s been out for ages now, but it’s still a damn good book. All my mech. eng. buddies recommended it, if I ever wanted to learn about turbos.

Here’s the amazon link

as matter of fact, you could probably even find it in your schools library…

ill teach you everything you need to know for 159.99$

Do you have a money-back guarantee? :smiley:
Thanks for the input guys, I’ll be hitting up the library right after exams, hopefully I can track down both of those.

GOING FASTER

good luck finding it