Books on Car Setups / Driving From a Technical POV

I’m looking for a book/ books that goes into detail on how cars work under varying conditions and loads, and ideal track setups (suspension, cooling, downforce, etc) from a technical perspective, as well as books that intelligently discuss racing/ advanced driving techniques in detail. Ideally something credible that would give me a damn good understanding of a car inside out after reading them. I want to be able to understand the key componets in my vehicle from a technical perspective and have the ability to determine what is necessary and unnecessary for my suspension, or determining ideal plumbing situations after being able to understand all of the pro’s and con’s of each setup intelligently, valving, etc.

I’m finding a lack of credible tech information in Canada (especially here) and want to be able to bring more to the table. So I’m looking for books that will help me do so.

www.nissanroadracing.com for all your needs :slight_smile:

Go to Chapters and look in the auto section for one of the “Motorbooks Workshop” books. I’ve got the one on suspension and it’s 160pgs of detailed, in depth info. Even with just browsing through a couple of pages I was able to gain a wealth of knowledge and understanding. There is no book specific for racing, however, you will find what you are looking for even if you pick up the “High-Performance Handling Handbook”. There is even a “Nissan” specific guide, however, the only downside is the price tag, at 30$ a pop.

Here is the website;

http://www.motorbooks.com/CustomPage_6126.ncm

Thanks men. I was thinking about hitting up the library for whatever may be avilable. I could always take a day and power rea at Chapters and sift through the material and purchase the best of the lot.

Try checking out this mans books - www.carrollsmith.com/main

My only problem with Carol Smith is that his stuff was written back in the 70’s, and technology has changed quite a bit by now. I’m trying to find more current material.