Good Eats in NYC

Going into the city tonight through tomorrow, and looking for some places to eat.

Looking for cheap local eats, not any tourist chains…

ib4 yelp.

Staying in Times Square

There are a million and one pizzerias, but Artichoke is worth checking out… Fantastic Spinach/Artichoke Pizza, Margherita as well. The place is always busy, but there is no sit down eating. Open til 6am everyday! It is right near Stuyvesant Village, 14th Street between 1 and 2 ave… L Train brings you right to the 1 Ave station

Cool, I just had a recommendation on that as well.

Anyone else?

anywhere, jesus its the city

Like going to a place, and paying an assload of money for shitty service and poor food. Then going, “meh, its the city”

Dick

If you eat near times square it will be expensive.Honestly everyplace i went in lower east manhatten was great and cheap.Stayed at a friends on 3rd and stmarks and there were about 8-12 food places on that block.

Pm howe he knows of some great chinese places he ttook me to some amazing place when I got my car from him the dumplings were out of this world

This thread could go on forever but here is a few i like to frequent every month i go there.

Hampton Chutney - www.hamptonchutney.com
Max Brenner - http://www.maxbrenner.com/

How about a bar? Looking for dive-ish, away from all the hype environment… On my way there shortly. (currently in albany)

The “Stumble Inn” in Uptown is pretty sweet. 4-5-6 Train to 77th street stop, chill bar without a doubt. Good deal on brew, different drink specials everyday. Definitely away from the traffic and busy parts of town. Other than that, Bay Ridge in Brooklyn has some pretty chill joints, The Plush Lounge/The Pour House were both pretty good from what I remember.