Good exhaust shop? Any hookups on here?

[quote=“J&J,post:15,topic:39195"”]

I forgot you are a pro…I imagine in your world you could grind down 18 gauge rusty pipe. Once you are done grinding how much pipe do you think you will have left.

[/quote]

god u suck something fierce, no wonder why nobody likes you…

it doesnt look like it rusted through, it looks as if it broke right after teh weld, perhaps the original weld was undercut causing it to be weak in that area and the abuse from vibrations etc finally gave way to metal fatigue and it let g

if you went after that with a wire wheel mig will probably be fine… you wont know until you try will you… but of course your going to be a dick and come in here all high and mighty like you always do…

sorry i will just wait for you to chime in and answer every thread so we can consider it case closed…

If you just want to make a quick repair for now, grind back away from the rotted area by a few inches then weld in a bigger patch piece. As long as where the ground attaches and the point in which your trying to establish an arc is semi-clean, it’ll weld halfway decent.

[quote=“Viper966,post:21,topic:39195"”]

god u suck something fierce, no wonder why nobody likes you…

it doesnt look like it rusted through, it looks as if it broke right after teh weld, perhaps the original weld was undercut causing it to be weak in that area and the abuse from vibrations etc finally gave way to metal fatigue and it let g

if you went after that with a wire wheel mig will probably be fine… you wont know until you try will you… but of course your going to be a dick and come in here all high and mighty like you always do…

sorry i will just wait for you to chime in and answer every thread so we can consider it case closed…

[/quote]

No you are just a fucking moron. I imagine you think the flange would clean up real well with a wire wheel. Stop being so fucking stupid. The flange looks rusted to all hell and I would imagine the pipe isn’t in much better shape. So instead of fucking around paying someone to weld, wire wheeling shit and purchasing a flange, cutting, grinding, etc… you would be much better off to purchase a converter.

:lol: do you even know what an undercut weld is?

i would buy a new ball/joint flange and some pipe. take the cat off, see if any of the pipe on the cat is thick/clean enough after grinding it down to weld to. if there is a section like that, weld the new flange/pipe to that. if not, get a new cat

Andy.

Just call Skrapper.

We’re not talking expensive parts here…

[quote=“J&J,post:23,topic:39195"”]

No you are just a fucking moron. I imagine you think the flange would clean up real well with a wire wheel. Stop being so fucking stupid. The flange looks rusted to all hell and I would imagine the pipe isn’t in much better shape. So instead of fucking around paying someone to weld, wire wheeling shit and purchasing a flange, cutting, grinding, etc… you would be much better off to purchase a converter.

:lol: do you even know what an undercut weld is?

[/quote]

fucking lol…Noobs will never learn, " I learned how to weld from wikipedia!!!111one"

well… i have welded some pretty haggardly rusted pipes together for a quick fix, but then it just breaks somewhere else…

i’d say there is a slim chance that it could be welded, but an infinitesimal chance of it surviving the winter.

Just got back from Mufflerman, $150 and change total bill, not bad at all…

turns out that it is legal to repair the cat section of exhaust in NYS and i’ll still pass inspection…or so the employees and managers at the shop say…i don’t see anybody really failing the car for something like that anyway, since the cat itself is in perfect shape.

Ended up having to completely cut off that 8 inch or so section just before the cat since the flanges were so rotted no new pipe would be able to be bolted to it…and the guy just welded a flex pipe between the cat and where he cut the flange off of the piece coming from the engine.

Always hear good things about this shop, and they were just that. Called them, they said come on in, no need for appointment, had me pull it in the bay immediately upon arrival, gave me a quote (which they stuck to), and got to work right away, from the time i pulled up to the time i drove off, less than 45 minutes :tup: