Good places to eat in the 518.

I’ve never been to Brown’s, I’ll have to check it out and I have only been to Malt River Brewery once and had a terrible experience, I guess I’ll have to give it a shot again - thanks for the suggestions.

what happened at Malt?

also slicks cafe in schenectady.

small little mom and pops diner/bar.

you get a huge sandwich for not alot of money. Me and vlad usually make it a destination on our adventures.

nothing like the stage coach deli in NYC but for schenectady, it’s good

Tai Pan in clifton park

Carrabba’s i dont know if that was mentioned but thats really good and a more formal place to eat

Lazy Boy Saloon in White Plains, NY got voted best wings in Westchester but they suck ass. Go figure. But, over 500 beers available. Amazing.

I had terrible food, but it was more then a few years ago and I guess anyone can have an “off” night, I know my brother has raved about. Maybe this is the kick in the ass I need to give it another shot :banana

yeah Old Chicago on wolf road is part of the World Beer Tour and they have soo many beers from all over

Burgers-
I’m surprised no one mentioned Five Guys on Balltown Rd. in Schenectady.
Their burgers are just straight juicy and the fries are off the hook, they taste like homemade ones, you know where you have to slice up the potato and it doesn’t have the processed taste… Real tight. I personally think it’s better than Red Robin, and cheaper too.

Steaks and Stuff
The Bears in Duanesburg doesn’t advertise, but their Chateaubriand is ridiculous! You have to order it a few days in advance so they can prepare it, and it’s just perfect. The seafood platter appetizer (salmon, big a$$ shrimp, herring) was great too. Service was excellent, desserts were killer. I’d go back there anytime… Need an excuse to try the Prime Rib, I hear that’s real nice.
http://timesunion.com/entertainment/restaurants/onerestaurant.asp?restaurantID=412

Jack’s Oyster House down on State St. is also good. I’ve had their rack of lamb before- well prepared if not a bit small. But their french onion soup rocks.

Chinese / Western Buffet-
Capital Buffet over at Wolf Rd (in strip mall with Outback, Guitar Center) is a good joint. Their peanut chicken is crispy, sweet, and just goes down like hot butta… The coconut shrimp is very fresh too with a unique taste- just the right hint of coconut and not super oily. Very reasonable and diverse selection.

Good call on 5 Guys.

five guys, are you kidding me?!?! I go there quite often for lunch, but it is no where near the best burger around or even close for that matter. They are better than the local fast food joints and that why I go there, but they are nothing special. I think the burgers at TGIF are better. Ever go to Fudruckers on Wolf rd. They have good burgers.

I didn’t say Best. They probably are the best “fast food” that I have had or in the cheap eats category.

OsoiNA6 made it seem like some diamond in the rough/holy grail of burgers. Comparing them to homemade burgers is a huge stretch. He must make some shitty burgers at home if they compare to some “fast” food joint. ;D

BURN!!!

Had a lunch meeting today at Christines Bar and Grill on Central ave, it is across the street from Warren tire and Krausses chocolate, next to a valvoline/insta lube type place - it was pretty good, and cheap. Worth checking out if your in the area. There was also a modded MkIV GTI in the parking lot, I was there for a long time so I assume the person works there as it was there before me and after I left.

There is a fairly new 5 Guys on the East Greenbush/North Greenbush line, in the Home Depot/Staples strip mall. I don’t eat red meat so I’ve never gone there but have been told they have great fries, that alone may be enough for a 2 minute drive :banana

Glad to see someone mentioned McGuire’s on Lark in Albany. I’ve been waiting to try it, only heard good things.

Most of my favorites are up in Saratoga since I live farther north than a lot of you. Favorites are Sargo’s or Chianti’s for various reasons. Sargo’s is a little more expensive but excellent food. Chianti’s is very modern Italian with eeeeexxxcellent food, and it’s within walking distance to Broadway/Caroline for some after dinner fun. Good date spot.

Sorry I don’t mean to come off as gourmet know it all or anything like that… But this list is mainly subjective anyways. I can’t say I’ve tried the Fuddrucker’s burger but I will on your recommendation. I do like Five Guys better than Red Robin though for burgers. And I like their fries as well.

fuckin’ MOES, dammit. Nobody mentioned that shit. MOES PWNZ.

And I second Brown’s. [aka Troy Pub + Brewery]. My personal fave.

Also, Holmes + Watson right next to the troy post office is another EXCELLENT bar.
Over 200 beers available in bottles or on tap. Food is also excellent and reasonably priced. Cozy atmosphere.

Bombers > Moes

Can’t even get alcohol at Moes. WTF. :nono