Good places to eat in the 518.

If we are talking expensive restaurants my votes go for MeGuires and Cafe Italia. Like someone else has said my family has been going to Cafe Italia for over 20 years. The owners and everyone that works their is super nice and in my opinion its the best Italian food in the area.

MeGuire’s…I love the atmosphere. Great food…valet parking is a huge plus so you don’t have to worry about finding a spot on/around Lark. If its your first time going there you def. have to have the steak. Its so good it melts in your mouth. I would also recommend the seafood appetizers…the lobster or crab. Its been a while since I have been there…I forget which it is, but it was great.

Best Burger and fries my vote goes to the Starting Gate. They are off Central halfway between Central and the Capital News 9 Building. Can’t remember the actual street name right now. They have great fries. They would slice the potato and fry them right there behind the bar. They building next door recently caught fire and they had damage so I don’t know if they reopened yet.

Diner I would have to vote for 76…for those of you who don’t like 76 try the cheesecake.

Breakfast…My personal favorite is Grandma Pies on central. They have a great breakfast…problem is you have to be up in time to get it and its ussually a long wait. I think they stop serving it at like 10ish.

Pizza and Buffalo wings…my vote goes to Ralph’s Tavern. Problem is that they don’t deliver…you have to go pick it up. I also had a Pizza at The Arc by the Waterveliet Arsenal recently that is worth mentioning as well.

Flavored wings…obviously Wings over Albany.

Thanks all for now…If I can think of any more later I will post them up.

For the best hot dogs in town, Famous Lunch in Troy on Congress St. right around the corner from the I Love New York Pizza. $3.50 for 4 everything hot dogs and a soda.

For a really good sub, check out Pelligrino’s on Central Ave. in Colonie directly across the street from the Cumberland Farms.

Wings flavored wings aren’t the best around here either. That’s good drunk food. Ralph’s definitely has the best wings around town.

What do you guys think, sticky worthy in OT?

I could take my time and list everything on the first page with comments from the thread.

Sure why not

My Best Subs are gonna have to go to Genoa Imports on Route 9. The specialty subs are especially good.

route 9 is big… where abouts?

By the corner of Route 9 and Route 376 (Osborne Road)…just head toward Siena and they are a couple hundred feet up on the right.

marinos = best pizza in capital region by far

i havent seen jumpin jacks up here, pretty good cheeseburgers

for the best hot dogs around i would have to go with newest hot dogs, its in the ghetto so no one probably goes there but there hot dogs and meat sauce are amazing

best hot dogs has got to be mikes hot dogs in schenectady, or broadway lunch off broadway in schenectady.

im going w/gus’s as best hot dog! 12 dogs w/the works. so good. a greek burger in the mix doesn’t hurt either!

mikes meat sauce is garbage, but there hot dogs are good

haha, I drive by there everyday and it’s only a mile or so from my house. I’ll have to check it out.

I am glad someone else has had their pizza. For upstate, it’s damn good. I been friends with that family for many many years.

been going there my whole life, the marinos are great people, went to school with dan. I hate the fact that they are red sox fans, they always fight with my father lol

Ah. Mohonasen grad. :slight_smile: I’ve known Danny and his brother Gerard for about 15 years now. Very nice family. The RedSox/Jets thing kill me too. Small world.

dan graduated from bishop gibbons, as did i

My bad. I didn’t know he transferred. He was a Mohonasen student when I went to school with him.

i disagree. your taste buds suck dude. :lol

eat at newest hot dogs once, you’ll feel differently about mikes meat sauce