good/quite places to live in Edmonton?

I MAY be moving to Edmonton or surrounding area, I have friends in Stoney Creek area, but what are some other good (smaller) areas around Edmonton that would be a good place to relocate to? I really dont want to live in town, but maybe a 15-20 minute drive out. lemme know

Sherwood Park is nice and quiet.

I just realized this is in the wrong forum, could someone move it to the correct forum for me?

what is the population there? how many people from the boards live in that area?

but stinks like ass every morning from the refinerys, I know, I lived there for 10 years.

Sherwood Park has the highest rate of asthma in North America thanks to refinery row, but besides that, its a nice place with nice acreages

Any of the suburbs around Edmonton: Leduc, Beaumont, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Sherwood Park are all within a 20 min drive (30 to downtown). St. Albert is a little closer and is the most accessible to the north side of the city.

St. Albert: You pay more in taxes but its the nicest of them all and is great city to raise a family. (lived there for 4 years)
Spruce Grove & Stony Plain are nice places to the west of the city. You will put on the kms because its a nice 15min @ 100km/hr drive to the city.
Sherwood Park: Read above
Leduc and Beaumont are to the south of the city and if you dont mind the airplanes passing over your house, they are nice places

All are growing communitys with schools and RCMPs and firemans. St. Albert has its own hospital, which is the only one out of the 6 communitys (correct me if im wrong)

Other than that, its up to you and your budget.

cool, thanks for the info.

im hoping this will happen in the next couple months. and possibly as soon as a month, but nothing is figured out yet, but we’ll see.

i hate living downtown, i hear police sirens every few hours.
go somewhere with less activity

DEEP WEST END for sure, move to country club or lessard area forsure. west end is the way to go! move to the new areas past the henday, there is some huge growth there but nice quite areas all around! only place to be in edmonton!

Southside wut! Can’t beat Riverbend.

A friend of mine just but a house in beaumont, and I’m heading there this afternoon for a visit and to kill the weekend off. He says he likes it, that its nice and quiet other than the occasional plane, but he said those aren’t even too bad.

I’m in one of the newer subdivisions just off Manning drive. I love it out there, It;s close to the train for work, but its far enough from the hectic stuff that it’s fairly quiet still.

Real estate has gone up huge over the last year or so too. (my house went up by about 100K last year) so the investment in that area is a good one too.

right on, thanks for all the replies.

I’m not looking for anything big, just a small place with garage and 2 bedrooms, nothing special.

I also love the deep west end… I’m currently at around 215 street :smiley:

I love it on the west end, lots of fast flowing freeways/highways, nice housing, away from heavy traffic, ahh… love it here. Sh Park and St Albert are also nice if you have lots of cash for a house there.

I am in Sherwood Park and the house down the street from me just sold for 354K. It is a small bungalow with a detached garage. It is very expensive is Sh. Pk. People are selling and getting their asking price. There is no negotiating.

I wish that were so with cars…

I really like my area on Saskatchewan Drive, nice quiet place that’s really close a lot of ammenities and beautiful jogging/cycling paths. I think it’s an area in which you can come home and really kick up your feet and relax after a hard day at work and just take in the sights.

that’s really what I’m looking for, I won’t be able to afford something right away, I will be staying with friends in Stoney Creek or Stoney Plain, whatever it is called lol

South Side… Rutherford!! all brand new … i love it

SO I stayed at my friends house in beaumont over the weekend, and wow do I love that town. It is so quiet there its not even funny. The only sound was hammering at like 8:30 in the morning sunday from the construction crews outside. I’m so jealous of my friend, 20 years old just bought a 300k house, owns a beamer, new avalanche, and he’s got a semi restored vette. Still can’t talk him into buying a Nissan though… Instead hes buying some Lexus hybrid SUV.

jesus, where in the hell does he work to afford all that??

I dunno, he works for some guy in Vegas over the computer, he’s pretty lucky.

yea, I’d say :slight_smile: