Good shop for work on skyline's?

Hey all, recently my car has developed a light ticking sound from the top end of the engine, and due to my job i dont have alot of time to spend trying to diagnose it myself. My question is, who are some of the more knowledgeable shops when it comes to working with RB’s in the Edmonton area?

Any info or recommendation’s would be appreciated. 8)

I was referred to a place called Auto dynamics, on 82st. Anyone ever dealt with them before? and if so how was your experience with them.

Auto Dynamics is cheap, does excellent painting, and has worked on a few different JDM and turbo cars. Not sure about RBs.

save yourself a hassle and take it to autodream in calgary.

If i could take it anywhere it probably would be autodream. Unfortunately I don’t think i want to driving it to calgary making this noise though. Towing it is a possibility i guess, albeit expensive.

Are there any places around edmonton who are known to have worked on Rb’s already?

There’s a shop at 99th St and Argyl called Silverstone. I’ve heard the guy knows his stuff. I’ve talked to him and didn’t care for his attitude (kind of condesending and arrogant), but I’ll bet your engine won’t mind that at all.

Dan

Yeah thats Raymond at Silverstone believe. I didnt like his attitude much either. He doesn’t seem to want your business at all. My car isn’t a twin-turbo Toyota, so he wasnt interested… but I hear he does really good work. He owned one of the first GTRs in Canada.

You mean one of the illegal ones? :lol:

flatbedding ur car to calgary is between $200-$300…it’l b worth it in the end though to have a shop experienced in rb’s working on yours then just some other random import shop

flatbedding ur car to calgary is between $200-$300…it’l b worth it in the end though to have a shop experienced in rb’s working on yours then just some other random import shop[/quote]

I hear good things about Lightspeed Innovation in Red Deer and the trip is half as far.

You mean one of the illegal ones? :lol:[/quote]

Yup, although he claimed it was brought up from the states and was perfectly legal.

You mean one of the illegal ones? :lol:[/quote]

Yup, although he claimed it was brought up from the states and was perfectly legal.[/quote]

Stupid me, I bought my car in April '04 and waited until it was legal when all i needed to do was just buy one of the thousands of legalized ones in the US. I am such an idiot. :wtf:

:offtopic:

He had two or three very nicely built GTRs in his shop 6 months or so ago when I stopped by to interview him. I’d consider him for a rebuild shop if/when I need one.