Google Maps Camera Car

Yesterday, I was driving on Victoria Park, just south of Sheppard, where a Google Maps camera vehicle was stopped next to me (had a sticker on the door too lol). I wonder if I’ll be in the picture in my 240. :slight_smile:

IIRC, it was a Chevy Cobalt, with a huge 360° camera setup. The final height was twice that of the car itself…for a better view I guess.

Anybody else notice these around? Apparently there’s a whole Google Maps fleet for the “street view” feature that they want to integrate.

I took a pic of one of these a few weeks ago…

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs016.snc1/2974_182460450334_834390334_6531330_7336442_n.jpg

I’m happy to hear they are finally implementing this in Canada. This will be VERY useful for me at work. Less field visits, but also less $/KM :frowning:

i saw a corolla with a cali plate once doing the google maps thing a few years ago…so cool

ive seen a couple of thoese already… one was at scarboroughtown center and the other was driving around vp and steeles

I actually saw one of these just outside of Toronto at least a year or more ago but we don’t yet have any street view on Google Maps :confused:

It’s surprising how much money a search engine company has generated over the years.

Did you see the size of the fleet? Jesus monkey balls, Google can buy a country. lol

I saw one three days ago on Dixie getting off the 401… hard to miss with that giant camera sitting ontop.