GTA Google Street View up and Running

Just thought I would let everyone know that it looks like Google ‘street view’ for the Greater Toronto Area is now up and running.

If you don’t know what ‘street view’ is. Google had cars with cameras drive around pretty much every roadway and took full 360 degree photographs every 20 metres or so.

They have done pretty much every large city in the USA and many other cities all over the world. Of course Toronto was not one of the first on the list.

Sorry if you already know about this, I use it multiple times every day for work and this was the first time I noticed. Seems like the photos are pretty recent. The one in front of my house is from end of July.

Enjoy

hahah nice! Now to check if Ptbo is up yet, i was roofing when one went by I waved my hands around in the air.

i’d hate to be the guy that had to blank every car’s license plate in the entire city lol

I would love to do that just to work for google. Working at Google >

sick…

Lol, my 180’s in my driveway.

haha same

Damn my car isn’t on the driveway. I think Google has some sort of technology to recognize plates and blur them out (since they over blur the plate, blurring parts of the car sometimes).

Friend of mine left the company I work for to work for Google (by invitation).

It’s definitely F’ing amazing, but they usually pay less than industry standard (made up for with all of the benefits), and usually require way more than 8-hour work days.

They get over a million resumes/day – check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-PA4Be8XU

Insane!

as cool as that is, its freaky, the evils that can come out of it. It’s sad how most technology which by definition is suppose to ease our lives, ends up making lives more difficult.

Anywho it is cool though, crazy effort in photoshopping stuff out too (blurring ppl’s faces, license plates, u name it). I would assume they probably have some kind of software possibly but who knows… oh well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-PA4Be8XU

That’s ridiculous! LOL, my company is on canada’s top 50 companies to work, they really treat our employees unbelievably awesome, but the whole google thing that’s just ridiculously awesome lol. WOW.

HAAHAHHAAHA.

Someone found me at my buddy’s house at Sapdina and Queen area. hahahahha

What are the chances.

wat fuck man i wanna work for google…

I thought about posting a streetview of my car cheelin in the driveway, but then it occured to me that I’m 6600 miles away, and that my car is stored in that same garage… sooooo I changed my mind :smiley:

doh! my car wasnt parked in my driveway at the time they drove by
…but my car shows up as a blurry white box from the birds eye view

hahaha, good is awesome. They have there own doctors, thats intense.

O rlly?

Lol

I’m gonna be on the one for the Soo, in several different spots actually. I expect it should be up in the next few months.

bit its unpainted with ugly fenders and sil front

FTL

Haha yea, I can see the white front bumper lol

They said 3000/day, ~1 million/year, but still, that’s a lot considering they said they have ~4000 jobs total.

youre not the only one LOL they did it in hamilton too, and i saw the truck i was just gettin in the door on my lunch break…