Got a Ticket on the 219, whatd you thing

Got a ticket on the 219 for 74 in a 55 in OP. Anyone have any experience or knowledge as to what would typicaly happen with something like this?

For you, not a clue…

I just call my GF who is friends with a captian of the OPPD, and a couple officers. That normally gets me outta anything. Good luck with that though.

any previous record? if you have a clean license, they might give you the options of

1. School + $200 in parking tickets + 1 mild moving violation (you’ll get a 1-2 points)
  2. School + 1 medium moving violation (you’ll get less points)
  3. School + $300 in parking tickets (no points!)

I was just at Lackawanna court on thursday morning for a 40 in a 30. I got school + $200 in parking tickets for a 10-over ticket. I would imagine that OP and Lackawanna operate similarly.

I got a ticket there a few years ago, the judge at the time worked like this, no tickets in the past 3 years? Parking ticket.

I got one around there 2 years ago, 71 in 55, got reduced then had to go to school and pay a $70 fine

As long as it gets reduced to a parking ticket - you didn’t get a speeding ticket. So when he asks “Have you had any speeding tickets?” You say “No, sir”.

exactly.

Then I Would imagine you wern’t dressed to impress, and very respectful. Like others said, just be polite and when they ask if you’ve had a ticket in the last 18 months you say no I havn’t and they should reduce it to a parking ticket+nys surcharge.
(might have to take driving school, worst case scenario)

HOLY SHIT. Man, my 78 in a 30 & 65 in a 40 combined was only 350+school in hamburg. Lakawana FTL

I just had a 71 in a 55… no school… but reduced to a failure to yeild to a traffic device, 1 point on the license… and 200$ total fine.

Was my first offense… and the judge said I had an honest face… So i told him he had a pretty mouth.

Did you have a mask on at the time? :smiley:

Show respect and you will get respect. Be polite and to the point, don’t argue with them and you should be fine.

no stopping > getting tickets …

i keed i keed :wink:

sorry about ur misfortune, dress nice, be polite, and dont admit to speeding tickets if you dont have any speeding CONVICTIONS… good luck

I got a viry similar ticket on the 219 a few years ago… if memory serves me I got like a 150.00 fine and no points :slight_smile: (no school either)

but at the time there was no a/c in the building and it was in the middle of july :eek:… worst court experiance EVAR

Ummm no. The print out they have will show the original offense and what it was reduced to.

If you have a decent or clean record theyll just reduce it to parking.

I’m not entirely sure that’s correcty - will have to confirm with my DA buddy.

In any event, you were not convicted of a speeding ticket, therefore you do not have one. If it was reduced, then you pled guilty to the reduced offense - ie, not speeding.

I got pulled over for 91 in a 65, got it down to parking (tehehhe)…and a year later I had a cop ask me about it when he was looking at my record.

Yeah sure you werent convicted, but they can still see if you got pulled over, so dont try to pull “Ive never been pulled over before” crap just bc it got reduced to parking

Talking to the cop and talking to the judge are two different things. The cop will ask you if you have ever been arrested, but the judge only cares about convictions.

:shrug: maybe it depends on the court… I’ve had MAD speeding tickets… all of which got reduced, and every time I’m in court I always get the “well, you have a clean record so were gonna…”

Joe, I believe that is only if the ticket was in the same town. Let’s say you were pulled over in lancaster for a 63 in a 45 and it’s dropped down to parking tickets and a small fine, they then will be able to see that again if you are pulled over in lancaster within the next 18 months. So lets say you had that same ticket in lancaster for a 63 in a 45 and 6 months later after it was reduced to a parking ticket, I don’t believe if you were pulled over in say hamburg they would be able to see it.

I could be wrong, this was just always my understanding.

if it makes you feel any better…

i got a 100 in a 50 reduced to a loud muffler ticket…

theres always hope!