Got it

i picked up the engagement ring that i bought for my girlfriend.

here is a pic:

http://bings.ca/images/DSC02628.JPG

just a solitaire, but the diamond is off the wall

the long and the short of it is that you will not be able to find a store that has this high a quality of diamond in stock and most cannot even get it.

i went to Spence Diamonds in ssuaga and they could not get me a price on a diamond at this level of clarity. In fact the bitch there tried to downgrade me about 4-5 levels in clarity into something that you find at People’s Jewellers… fukk all that shit. This diamond is what Ohlins is to suspension, or what Bentley is to cars.

the specs:

Clarity: IF - internally flawless
Colour: H - near colourless
Weight: .72 carat

it is certified with G.I.A., which i am told is the best certification that one can have for a diamond. The G.I.A. also laser inscripts each diamond with a number and enters it into their registry.

As you can see i sacrficed slightly on the colour; i was looking for something in the colourless range but going with an H colour, which is still very good, allowed me to get a slighty bigger diamond. i was shooting for a 3/4 ctw diamond and this was about as close as i could get without breaking the bank.

best of all, i bought it brand new from the US set in the 18k setting you see in the pic with free overnight shipping, the G.I.A. certification and an appraisal.

Spence diamonds qutoed me $7600 for just a diamond that was smaller (.60 ctw) and lower clarity (VVS2) and then they wanted a few hundred more for the setting and then you have 15% tax…i didnt pay anywhere close to that, and the quote i got from our family jeweller for a diamond similar to the one i requested at Spence came in at over $3000 less than Spence’s quote.

in other words, every jewellry store you go to is trying to rip you off. in my months of research i only found one reasonable store and oddly enough it was in a sorta crappy outlet mall in niagara falls, NY.

i’d be happy to share any advice or information if and when you guys are looking to buy this type of ring for your ladies.

i can guarantee that i can get you a much higher quality diamond for WAY LESS than you will find anywhere in Canada.

Also, by importing it the way i do with car parts i estimate that i saved myself another $1000 - $1800 because Canadian stores have to pay those taxes and brokerage then apply their 100% - 400% markup on top of that.

So where did you get it…and do they also deal in other precious stones. My girlfriend does not want a diamond…send me a PM Bingo if you don’t want to reveale here.

congrats bing, i dont know anything about jewerly but that looks compleatly rad!

My condolences…

I kid. So how much did you pay? Your posts as of late are just too
freakin long.

Congrats bing; I love you man.

you bought that piece of metal with a shiny thing on it for that much $$? why didnt u get some nice wheels or some endless calipers???

i aint saying how much i paid…lol

the way i see it is that you shouldnt be able to say you spent more on your enigne than you did on her finger.

mind you that doesnt include all the bolt ons…lol…just most of them

good job Bing.
Congrats
so… whens the bachelor party?

very important question…

i dont know, but i’m not going to be a pussy about it, this shit is going to be bananas…

I am looking at this thing right now…
Holy ****

That is one sweet ring and she deserves every bit of it!!1!

congratulations Bing (although you are sitting right beside me)!

It’s been said that an engagement ring should be worth about 2-month’s salary. :noes:

So bing, how much you make a year? :naughty:

i dont make much, it was more than that

damn man… she better be worth it! LOL

congrats…

Guess you haven’t seen her.

Word on the street is, the 2006 Niagra meet is gonna be the bachelor party.
Strippers will be oot and aboot. Bring cash.

Grats Bing!

It also pays to have an ingeneous way of asking so she can brag with her friends later!!!

LOL!!! Tooo funnay!!!

Good job Bing, I trust you’ll be happy…and so will she.

You really did your research, good stuff!

All the best.

congrats BING!

i eagerly await the bachlor party.

congrats man.

your right about the stores, BIG mark up. I buy mine wholesale :slight_smile:

Congrats Bing,

btw, that ring looks sweet! Good choice.

so much ice that she can skate on it :D/

i proposed, she said no…

yeah right, i had to do all i could to keep her off my tip in the restaurant.

lol…

wtf im engaged.