Got my first ticket

I got pulled over for tint today. Should I plead guilty or not guilty and should I go in person or mail it in? The officer told me to remove the tint/plead guilty and go in person. Whats my best bet for getting the charge reduced?

Tint ticket?

Eff that.
Plead guilty, mail it in to pay it, and go on with your life.
Keep your tint. Fuck that cop. :smiley:

I agree.

The tint is old and purple so I was going to re do it soon anyways. lol Do you think if I removed it and showed up it would get reduced/dropped?

Set the station afire

/thread

Yes, it probably would. Also plea not guilty, and check teh supporting deposition box.

Do that then.
Take off the old cruddy one, show up in court with before and after pictures, first offence, get ticket dropped, get new fancy tint, fuck the police. :tongue

is it a fix it ticket or not?

if it is, take it off now, go to an inspection station/police and get them to sign off on it.

if it isn’t, take it off before the court date, prove that you took it off and hope the judge is in a good mood. a tint ticket isn’t going to get reduced, its not points or a moving violation, its a bs money increaser.

lol alright I’m gonna go ahead and peel the old stuff off. Thanks

Slwrthnu, its not a fix it. He told me it could get reduced to a parking violation. But wait plead not guilty either way?

If I can remember, you only get 24hours to take it off and show it to the police station where you were stopped. It says on the fix it ticket.

If you have time to waste and want to get it droped take the tint off and take a picture of it to prove you took it off and go into your court date and they will drop it if its NOT a fix it ticket.

If you dont have the time to waste like myself plead guilty and they will send you a fine to pay and you wont have to go into court.

i agree with dj on this one…send it in pleading guilty pay the few bux and go on ur merry way

+1.

I removed the old stuff tonight minus the hatch window. It was purple and bubbling so screw it it was overdue for removal. Should I still plead not guilty?

i got a tint ticket 3 or 4 weekends ago. from what i’ve been told by police officers and the chick behind the counter at traffic court, tint tickets are NOT fix-it tickets anymore, meaning that even if you do the 24 hour thing (which i did), it is not automatically dismissed. i have a court date in 7 or 8 weeks or something. i plead not guilty.

not sure if that helps, PM or AIM me or something if you need anything else

Yeah I talked to one of my buddies whose dad is a trooper and he said the same thing about it not getting dismissed automatically. My court date is this Friday, I’m going to drive the Z there along with having before/after pictures and hope for the best.

they’ll just give you a trial date then, your case will not actually be heard on friday, i dunno if you know that or not

Ah I did not know that lol

Fuck it then I’m mailing it in tomorrow with a plea of not guilty

spend the extra $1 or whatever for priority just in case it doesnt get there by friday :smiley:

You are going to jail