omg tint ticket question.

i’ve searched but I didn’t really find an answer.

I got a tint ticket in OP. I went to the court house with my ticket and to see if they would drop it if I took off the tint.
She said I still have to go to court and I’ll have to pay a fine either way…
Is this right? I figured it was just a fix it ticket.
They don’t even come out to look at the car, so I could just leave the tint on, and say I took it off correct?

Yes, unless it is a fix it ticket and you do it within the given time frame.

If it is a fix it ticket it would have been made clear to you the date to do it by, so im assuming it’s not

If not, you will still have to go to court and pay a fine most likely, shit like that just plead guilty and mail it in. Saving 25-50 isn’t worth waiting in court 3-4 hours imho

Jesus you sound like me two years ago and all these fucking tickets in OP/Boston

ya i realized not having tints on your car gets u pulled over a lot less, i think im just gonna leave em off

Holy fuck we have a winner!

Except that you said “tints”. :slight_smile:

TINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

yeah it sucks.
THis is mmy 27th ticket. I Swear to god I’ve paid Orchard parks court house electric bill for the year!

This is not always true.

Others can attest to this too.

I’ve been pulled over for speeding, and let go with a less serious tint ticket/no front plate ticket.
BUt it’s a double edge sword

people still get tint tickets?

welllllllll it is still illegal sooooo, ya

LOL. :bloated:

“Fix it” tickets are only for items that are supposed to be on your car that are not working or missing. Tint is not supposed to be on your windows so you are still guilty even if you take it off. However most courts will drop it if you do take it off.

so off topic it’s not funny, I was reading this thread
someone walked in and was like Kill that bug on your screen.
I Loled alot.

I got a ticket in tonawanda, he said he’d give me a month to take it off. So instead, i made an appt to see my Dr and got a prescription, went back with that and got an unconditional discharge on it. My windows are really dark so i do get pulled over occasionally, but as soon as I show them the script they apologize for bothering with it and let me go… some even tell me just to tape it in the window to try and avoid the useless stops, but its not only transferable, its not dated and never expires, so I keep it in a very, very safe spot.

what type of prescription do you need? I have a prescription for eye glasses but i’m sure that’s not it.

its a little script, the same one you take to the pharmacy, instead on the bottom where it would have medicine name, dosage etc. it says, “This patient needs all tinted windshields to reduce risk of sun related headaches”. Basic, but official, and does the trick.

Good luck convincing your Dr to write it for you though. Unless you’re real cool with him, or actually really need the thing, its going to be a BITCH to convince him your eyes are that of an 80 year old. Took me about 25 minutes of arguing for him to do it for me, after telling him the fine for the ticket was less than his co-pay he said fuck it and wrote the script lol

haha, you have some catching up to do with me…

I’ve put half their kids through college