Tint ticket, any suggestions on how to deal?

Last night I drop off my bike and go to drive home, I swung by timmy hoes and there was a cop in front of me in the drive through. This is at 1am in East Aurora. I pick up my shit and I noticed the cop with his lights off in the mobile parking lot so I roll all 4 down and take off for op, soon enough I get pulled over by the bag of lovingdouche and he gives me a ticket for my tints. Explained that the car was from Florida and came with tints but he didn’t care he was just fucking some kids night up. *for chief bikerfry

Does anyone know what I am looking at paying? Or does anyone know of another way around this shit?
Figures too, same night 4 of us on the 190 passed a cop shooting radar in the triples. I never looked back so I don’t even know what he did.

You’re the douche bag. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I guess I should explain. You see, you have an illegal modification on your car. The cop’s job is to enforce the law, which you are breaking. He did his job. You are not the victim. The way “around” this is to either remove the illegal modification or pay the fine for having your illegal modification. Oh, and you’re not in Florida. Laws don’t come with the vehicle.

Go to court and tell them you removed them. And the will likely drop the ticket all together or drop it to a cheap parking ticket. Just make sure you plea NOT GUILTY to the tint ticket.
NEVER PLEA GUILTY TO ANY TICKET EVER.

Don’t drive the tinted car to court :wink:

Don’t tell anyone, but someone I know that isn’t me, made up a fake receipt for a tint removal services from “Bob’s Auto” and the ticket was dropped. :snky:

Thanks for the wonderful info on laws sooo interesting, btw saying it was from florida has worked every time except this one. But from working 4 other times its happened you would think it may be a useful fact.

Sure it was worth a try but coming on here whining about having illegally tinted windows and getting ticketed for illegally tinted windows is annoying. Seriously, how is the cop a douche bag for doing his job?

ok chief , i was just looking for a knowledgeable answer. I am honored that you gave me this eye opening reply.

Take the tint off. :shrug: It’s basically a fix-it ticket. I had one in Angola years ago, $65.

can i just take it off the front driverside window, or is it required for all 5?

not worth the hassle.

its not Hot enough here in NY to need. it

I got a tint ticket in EA a couple years ago.

Take it off all the “door” windows, return to the police station within 24 hours to show them you fixed it, and your ticket will be dropped. If this happened last night, you have about 6 hours left to get there. Go.

X…

You can leave the back, sides have to go.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv80w.pdf

What’s it been, at least 2, maybe 3 months since we had one of these threads? I think that’s a record. The newbs must be learning to use the search feature. Well, some of them anyway.

thank you fry

The rear doors can be left as dark as you want if I interpret that correctly…I also think that’s what the tint shop told me when I had mine done.

Reminds me of a somewhat humorous story when I was living in Minnesota a few years back. I got caught with tint (35%) and no front plate…which was justifiable since I knew it was illegal…but I liked the look and I was like 19 years old. Anyway, went to court where the district attorney told me if I came back with a picture of my car with the front plate on and the tint off he’d throw the ticket out.

So, left court and went to a friends house and put my plate onto his black Mustang LX and snapped a pic. Of course his had no tint:) Back to court a few days later and the ticket was dismissed!!!

Oh, and about calling the cop a douche for doing his job…:violin: just remeber when dealing with modifying cars you’ve gotta pay to play!

False. Read it again. Specifically the last line in the first paragraph…

The rear side windows of any station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe, hatchback, or convertible must also allow 70% of any light to pass through.

My SUV on the other hand, I can tint the back and side windows behind the driver as dark as I want.

Also, if you search, I know I’ve posted the actual NYS VAT law for tints. It goes into more detail. This is just the form for getting the exemption.

i pulled my tint off, went to court, they asked if i removed it and I said yes. they dismissed the ticket, never looked at my car.

NYS VAT, Title 3, Article 9, Section 375, Paragraph 12-a.

12-a. (a) Every motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, when driven or
operated upon a public highway, road or street shall be equipped with a
front windshield in a fixed and more or less upright position
constructed of safety glass as defined in subdivision fourteen of this
section and required by subdivisions eleven and twelve hereof. No person
shall drive any motor vehicle with any sign or other nontransparent
material other than a certificate or paper required to be displayed by
law upon the front windshield or the sidewings or side windows on either
side forward of or adjacent to the operator’s seat.
(b) No person shall operate any motor vehicle upon any public highway,
road or street
:
(1) the front windshield of which is composed of, covered by or
treated with any material which has a light transmittance of less than
seventy percent unless such materials are limited to the uppermost six
inches of the windshield; or
(2) the sidewings or side windows of which on either side forward of
or adjacent to the operator’s seat are composed of, covered by or
treated with any material which has a light transmittance of less than
seventy percent; or
(3) if it is classified as a station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe,
hatchback or convertible and any rear side window has a light
transmittance of less than seventy percent; or

(4) the rear window of which is composed of, covered by or treated
with any material which has a light transmittance of less than seventy
percent. A rear window may have a light transmittance of less than
seventy percent if the vehicle is equipped with side mirrors on both
sides of the vehicle so adjusted that the driver thereof shall have a
clear and full view of the road and condition of traffic behind such
vehicle.

You keep saying NEVER PLEA GUILTY to tickets and it drives me nuts. What he is really trying to say is plead not guilty to the initial charge and ask for a plea reduction. The D.A. or A.D.A, whoever is dealing with court that night, will most of the time, reduce the initial charge against you to a parking ticket/tickets. If s/he does so, you go to the judge, who will charge you with the reduced charges, and then you actually want to plead guilty to those charges.

Some people on here don’t realize that when they accept the reduction they are actually…pleading guilty.

a vanity mod like dark tint and no front plate are just not worth the hassle of giving the cops an excuse to pull you over.