Tint ticket, any suggestions on how to deal?

damn, I thought i read it a while back and it said station wagons were ok.

i have a tint ticket pending on my dd; I’m going to plead the limousine case. it’s a 735il, with an extended wheelbase and all the features the front has are also applicable to the rear. I got the ticket my 6th day of owning the car, and said the tint was from a prev owner.

^ Does your car have livery plates? I’m guessing no.

Then you can’t use the limo defense, regardless of how much it looks like a mini-limo.

I don’t see how claiming it was from Florida and not have Florida plates would actually let you off?

Either way just pay the fine and leave the tint, or pull the tint and get the ticket thrown out, your choice.

why on earth is everyone so married to the idea of their illegal tint

take the shit off, put just a legal amount on the rear window, quit bitching and grow up

i am so sick of these threads

Because cars like mine need some tint…35% on both the SHO and the Mustang is deemed necessary in my book. However, I’m a designer by profession and I tend to lean more to form over function sometimes:wiggle:

legal tint doesnt do anything. the windows are just as clear.

my main reason for tint is i have my hockey equipment in my back seat all the time (I’m a goalie so it doesnt all fit in the trunk) and I don’t want people to see it whenever they walk by

dont be gay and take the tint off, just pay the fine. tint ftw!

While I’m not defending the bitching and complaining, just because someone is doing they’re job doesn’t mean they can’t be a complete douchebag at the same time.

Because some people value privacy, protection from theft, an interior without sun damage and other cosmetic reasons, but I’m sure your fully aware of that…

That = retarded and would be pointless/not beneficial at all.

heh heh

You boys have fun in court

Auto glass blocks the majority of UV rays right from the factory. I looked into this when my progessive eyeglass lenses would never turn dark when I was in the car, even driving straight at a setting sun. Step out of the car and poof, dark lenses.