Fix it ticket: Tints

Gf got a ticket in the city yesterday. I have a friend looking into some spots for me, but does anyone know where I can go to have the tints removed and be given a receipt to send in to the courts to have this dropped? If not then I may just do it myself but I don’t want to have her go through the hassle of having a hearing to get this dropped. I had them done at rainbow and haven’t called yet to ask them. I’ll be doing that later on today as well.

It’s probably cheaper to pay the ticket than get it removed…unless you’re worried about future tickets. Any place that puts tint on should be able to remove it I’d imagine.

Last I knew they weren’t fix-it tickets but it’s been probably 8 years since I’ve had a tint ticket and that was from a trooper so maybe it’s different.

PM me.

Get fake receipt , mail in.

Sent from my iPhone 5

It is not a fix it ticket. If you provide evidence that the tint is removed the prosecutor may drop the ticket, but there’s no guarantee.

Does Buffalo even do fix it tickets? They don’t reduce other traffic tickets.

You can’t even plea “not guilty” by mail in the city

Called the city courts. Tint tickets will not be dismissed on account of having them removed as you are willingly driving around with illegal windows as opposed to a broken taillight that could happen without you knowing (which could be dismissed). Welcome to Buffalo, NY. We hope you enjoy your stay. It’s my fault in the end anyways as I encouraged my gf to get the tints. Will probably just remove them and move on- can’t beat the police.

just pay the ticket and leave them on.

Thinking about it- the only thing I worry about is if she ever goes out for a happy hour, has a couple of drinks and gets pulled over for her tinted windows to only then be hassled about where she was or how many drinks she’s had. She’s responsible about drinking- neither of us drink much at all, but most of us have gone out to dinner, had a few drinks with dinner which could very well put us over the limit without even knowing it. Better to not even give cops a reason to look at you.

I’m actually shocked she got ticketed in Buffalo for window tint. Usually Buffalo PD are too busy with bigger crimes to even care about window tint or other equipment violations.

You and me both. When I asked the woman on the phone at the traffic violations office- she said they actually get tickets all the time in there for window tint violations.

Maybe BPD has finally realized how well this works for Amherst. APD catches a lot of WNY warrants because of their nazi like approach to vehicle equipment violations.

The best is when you get a tint ticket for a car with legal tint. You still have to go to court to fight it.

I was surprised BPD had the meters to test tints as well. I think my wife got pulled over in the parkside area with her A4. She got a warning:lol:

Don’t pull them off, just pay the ticket. You guys will never get busted for a DEWI you’re responsible.

I was pulled over for my windows in Buffalo, but my truck is from Texas…the cop finally realised this and let me go.

If you want I’ll let you register you car here and you can legally have them DARK lol. F*ck the police! :stuck_out_tongue:

tintssss

I pulled the tint off the front windows. I dont need to give the cops an excuse to pull me/her over. Plus the visability sucks at night, couple that with a typical winter storm and I couldnt see shit.

I got one on Elmwood the other day, Im sure its cheaper to pay it and have it removed.

$155 not fixable… last time I was pulled over.