tint ticket

got a ticket for my tints on Bailey in South Buffalo yesterday…

a. how much is the ticket?? is it equipment $60 (30+30) or other violation $90 (40+50)
b. how can I get rid of the ticket? by removing the tint within 1 business day?
c. if I were to remove my tint… heat with a hair dryer and peel??

here is my problem, I have a 20-25% tint on my car… it’s my Canadian car that I imported into the US when I started work here 1.5 years ago (fyi legally all NYS residents have to get NYS licenses with 30 days of residence, and hence my car was NY plated too, can’t have NYS license with a non-NY plated car -> or more importantly insurance won’t let you do that either)…

so the car is complete legal in Ontario… I would like to keep the car as is, as I don’t know when I’ll be moving back…thoughts/comments/help?

go to the DR get a note that says you can legally have the tint for eyesight purposes… if i had a HOT car i would do it… but i work at a hospital so thats not a problem for me

if you want to keep the car as-is, just pay the ticket. my last one was ~$80-90 including surcharge.

if you want to know how to scrape it, do a search on the other forum.

you can remove your tint and get rid of the ticket… it’s one of those fix-it tickets.

if you have a nice friend that owns any kind of car shop etc. , have them write you up a receipt saying you removed your tint at their shop. i did that… .maybe 3 times, sent it in to the court w/o even going and they dismissed them all.

Don’t even attempt this one. I did a ton of research back when I used to get a ticket a month for my tint. This method is not worth the risk.

1.) No cop will accept some form from a doctor, they will only overlook tint if you have the proper markings on your windows (decals issued by the NYS DMV)
2.) the decals counteract the nice look of tints by being these ugly yellow decals

If you want to try… The Tinted Window Exemption form is MV-80W…
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms.htm

any suggestion of a shop then?? ideally in amherst/tonawanda?

also here is the ticket

i didnt think buffalo did fix it tickets? minisrt4 got a tint ticket downtown and it ended up being $60. and the tint stays on

^thats what i thought too, buffalo you just paid the ticket regardless…

the dr note thing i thought was through the dmv… i know an assload of doctors that if i asked would write me a note… so it wouldnt be a problem… o well…

-will

It IS through the DMV, but it’s not nearly as easy as a little note from your doctor. Give it a try, prove me wrong. I just know that I was told it’s a big pain in the ass.

i drive a 99 malibu ls… lol… im not even going to bother… if i had the mustang on the road, i would have no problem trying it… but o well… i trust your judgement over mine… you have more info im sure… i just know if it were as easy as getting a note and going to the dmv to get the endorsement… i could have it… if the malibu would warrant a 2 hour minimum wait at the dmv lol

unfortunately you bought the car liek that, or else you could go back to the place that tinted it, and get a refund… or a free re-tint for not making it 25%.

I got 4 tint tickets in the first week of getting the ones on my talon tinted…

I was stopped the day I got the tints on my Kia done. Funny thing is that he stopped me at 1:00am down a street with little light. Hard to tell in the dark.

easier to tell in the dark actually.

when he can’t see you, they are too dark.
when its dark out, headlights should be able to penetrate the interior of the vehicle.
EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION* during the day sunlight passes through the winshield thus letting light into the inside of the vehicle, some of this light will pass through the tint, making it appear to be lighter. This doesn’t happen at night.,

every ticket i got for mine was valid, and I never complained about it. My only complaint is that I have 24 hours to get it removed and my 1st and 2nd tickets were only 13 hours apart.

i belive i paid 80 buck for my last tint ticket thats with surecharge

Two years ago i paid $40 for a ticket in West Seneca for illegal tints and then 4 days later I got another in Buffalo. I believe that one was $60 after the surcharges.

hey man tint ticket wont be more than 50 bucks… pay it and keep it the same

well its not a fix it ticket i tried doin that with my mirror tinted windows, and fixin it wasn’t dion any good. I still had to pay the ticket either way, they changed it so you can’t do that anymore. So it’s either pay the ticket and keep the tint or rip the tint and pay the ticket… easy choice there.

tell that to amherst , 80 bucks there, they prolly have higher surcharge anyway
:gotme:

U know. Why is the Shitty of Buffalo handing out all these stupid ass tickets to make a statement. If they want to make a statement. Why not get these stupid ass drug dealers and Addicts that hang on almost Every corner like they are selling fucking news papers off the streets? If these “Cops” aren’t happy with what the city is paying them. then why Triple your tickets and just have the city make more money that they will never see?

I cant wait to leave this shitty city.