Tint ticket cost

Ok, I know that I have seen it here before, but searching is pwning me right now and I cant find shit. What is colonie charing these days for a tint ticket? got pulled over today for my windows (there are only 12%) and I jsut want to know how much I should expect to pay. it was by a statie from troop G.
Thanks

Kenny

$90 i believe but it should be dropped if you take it off within 24 hours (even though that is not technically the law anymore)

ask me how i know :lol

$175 with court fee.

Out of curiosity, front or rears are 12%?

12% is dark as shit.

if you plead guilty and just send it in it’s $150… otherwise if they gave you a fixit you can just get it dropped by having it removed or having somebody sign off that it was removed…

we have gotten 3 of them on Eriks car…

its a truck… he gave it to me for the fronts, but fronts and rear are both the same. I am going to go to an eye doctor b/c Ive had a really bad night sensitivity to lights reflecting off my side mirrors, which is why i’ve never taken it down and most likely never will. I just gotta get a note and bring it to dmv. Doubt I’ll be able to get to the doc before the ticket date, but i’ll have it for next time.

Ha, I got stopped on my way home from work by a Colonie officer a few days ago around 730PM strictly because of my tint. Guy took my PBA card and wrote me a warning ticket.

He went out of his way to pull me over too, it’s not like he was driving behind me and just happened to notice the windows. I honestly find it a mere nuisance that he didn’t have anything more productive to do with the town’s money.

My tint is also not coming off because some 2nd or 3rd shift traffic cop doesn’t like it. My neighbor who I am good friends with is a Colonie Investigator and he has both of his vehicles tinted. I think he got the idea from me back when I had my old Z24 done iirc. haha

they’re not fix-it tickets anymore in NYS i’m 99% sure

my radar went off and i looked in the rearview and he was about 1/4 mile back. I wasnt speeding or anything, but I got into the middle lane so he’d be able to go by. He got right up even with me and practically slammed on the brakes then pulled in behind me. the minute he hit the brakes, I knew damn well i was getting pulled over. I didnt even think to roll it down when i saw him in the rear-view.

My car is pretty low and with my contacts I get a lot of glare from headlights (they all seem like high beams). I wonder if I can get a doc’s note…

They are still used in NY it is just dependent on the officer if they give you one or not…

+1

I plan on getting a doctors note the next time I am hassled for such a minor thing.

They’ll probably make that illegal soon anyway.

Youll have plenty of time. If you just got the ticket your first dates in about a month. Mail it in sometime before,on,after (dosnt matter) the date on the ticket but make sure you plead not guilty, check the request supporting deposition box,sign it, and put the date of your court date for the date when you signed it. You’ll get another letter in like 3-4 months (Colonie court system is really slow) acknowledging your plea of not guilty and it will gve you another date and time to appear. Now if the cop never fills out that supporting deposition, therefore you dont get it in the mail, tell them this when you go to the date and file a motion for dismissal and it should get granted. Now if you do get the supporting deposition in the mail, dont worry, go there and tell the prosecutor you took them off yourself (the’ll take your word for it) and it will most likley get reduced to 1201A - Parking on the Pavement. Now for colonie this will probably cost you $100-125.

This is from experience ive had 2 tint tickets in colonie so far and numerous tickets for other things in colonie.

that seems liek a lot to save a whopping $20… lol. Its not like the tint ticket is any points anyways. I may do it though to give me time to get to my eye doc. I just have to make sure they dont schedule my court anytime in late nov. (i doubt it would be that quick, but i’ll be in germany).

Yeah, definitely don’t do that. :lol

yeah lets listen to leo and get an eye doctors note. not gonna work

Yes it will work, and it’s more effective than your idea because it saves you from getting the tint ticket in the first place.

And who are you? My name is Chris, not sure where you got Leo from.

No it will not work. Hows a doc note gonna save you from a ticket? Whats your plan hand the cop the note and explain your situation and think hes not going to laugh at you and give you the ticket anyway. The only way it could possibly work is by after recieving the ticket, going to court with your note as your defense. In that case its going to take a lot more time and effort than it would have just sending it in not guilty.

And Chris Leo im Justin Fahd