Tint ticket cost

To sum it up for you:

Because there may be some conditions that would require a person to be protected from the sun’s harsh rays, §375 (12-a)(c) provides a medical exemption. An owner of a motor vehicle, or someone who is a frequent passenger in another person’s vehicle, can apply for the exemption with the N.Y. State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. The application must contain the person’s name; the medical condition, as certified by the person’s doctor; and the minimum percentage of visible light required by the condition. Additionally, the Commissioner will only deem the medical condition acceptable if that condition appears on the list of medical conditions under N.Y. State Public Health Law § 206 (16). This list of medical conditions, as compiled by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles and the Commissioner of the Department of Health, was created to protect drivers suffering from such conditions and allows for an exemption for the health and safety of those drivers, as well as for the safety of other drivers on the road.

I’ve been dealing with this shit for years. If I got a ticket every time my car got pulled over do you really think I would have spent the money to get my new car tinted? :lol

THINK brotha!

So what exactly is your medical reson for needing to have your windows tinted. Please share it could save me from my next ticket.

Mental retardation

your plan about using the medical exemption would only be successful if the person either

A. actually has the condition that requires the windows to be tinted
or
B. has the money to pay off a medical professional to say i have the condition that would require tinted windows

and since i dont fit into either of those catagories id say that ill be using my method a lot more than the medical expemtion excuse

Also since youve “been dealing with this shit for years”, then why do u “plan on getting a doctors note the next time I am hassled for such a minor thing.”?

Honestly? My PBA card took care of everything, but the last guy that pulled me over took that away from me. Not sure why, I guess he must not have known the guy’s card that I have (which is rare in Colonie).

So, I’m either going to have to get a new card or get “medical tint”.

:lol

i really do have an issue with my eyes ever since junior high. I was in a bike accident and almost went completely blind yet the doctors never found a cause. Ever since then my peripheral has been very sensitive to light and when driving at night, the lights in my side mirrors cause a ton of pain and makes it hard to see the road. I just never dealt with going to the doc b/c i’ve lived with it and all of my vehicles have been tinted, but i’ve never really gotten hassled for it. And as for the idea of him not filling out a supporting deposition… i was just looking at the ticket and he attached a supporting dep. page right to the ticket printout so that idea’s not gonna work… lol

Yeah I wasnt thinking state troopers print the supporting dep out and give it to you along with your ticket. Colonie cops don’t have that yet they still write out their tickets by hand. Seeing as you actually have a medical condition I don’t think you’ll have too much of a problem getting the medical exemption. Only thing is the doctor would have to find th cause and that cause of your problem would have to be approved by NYS. good luck

:rofl:rofl

i dont think they need to find a cause, they just have to write something saying that it is a true problem. Then you just bring that to DMV and they put it on your record. Thats what the trooper told me when I asked him about it.

I wouldnt waste too much time with i really, i got a window tint ticket about 2 months ago on the thruway by a state popo, i pleaded guilty and sent it in, but i wrote on the bottom of the ticket somthing along the lines of about how the middle working class man gets hasseled for no reason an that obiously ny state needs the money more than an honest working man. They sent me a bill for 75 bucks and i didnt waste anytime or sleep over the ticket.

Tint your mirrors, I doubt cops would really care about that.

You’re missing the point here…

I’ve had a car with tinted mirrors and I hated them. If im backing up a trailer and need to be able to see, I can simply roll down the window. With tinted mirrors, there is no way to see clearly at night.