tint ticket 510 bucks.

My cousin got hammered for front and rear side windows on his g8 back in April , finally got the charges fine was 100 each and the surcharge was 155 for each .Is this normal , i don’t remember it being this much a few months ago around me . This was in Danube town court. But they made it for the front windows and for the rear side windows too . Really hammered but im surprised at the surcharge and fine amount .

Uh wat. I’ve had a bunch of them and they have been like $175 total.

jesus fuck… thats insane

thats obsurd. you should try to find a cop/trooper/judge who will sign off the ticket as there usually fix it tickets

Yea they cant ticket you per window. Plus you can have your back windows spray painted black and they cant say any thing. Can only ticket for front windows and the windshield

They stopped that because people like me would have receipts and change the name for other people so they could get out of the ticket

Yeah its one ticket per offense, not per window tinted! ROFL.

Did he see the judge yet? the judge would/should have picked up on that and said the cop was a retard here is your ONE ticket, pay up sucka.

I find it hard to believe some one is dumb enough to be ticketed for rear windows

Word, they must only do it in some departments or areas cause I know some officers who still sign the fix it tickets like tint and exhaust and all that junk

it’s a state law, and they are fix-it tickets.

Neg. they 100% are not fixit tickets. If some places are kind enough to give you the papers and sign them, and help you out with the judge that’s their own prerogative.

Tint is NOT a fix it ticket. Fit it tickets are for faulty, broken or missing OEM equipment. The tint isn’t OEM, and sure as shit isn’t “broken” so why would they make it a fix it ticket? If that were the case, removing the pine tree air freshener would be a fix it ticket for obstruction of view, removing the 4, 15’s from the trunk and the 10000watt amp would be a fix it ticket for disturbance tickets, removing neon under body lights would be a fix it ticket for impersonating an official vehicle.

In my department they were fix-it it tickets. Any trooper that pulled me over for exhaust or tint before, it was a fix-it ticket.

Tint are not fix it tickets here. You have to pay the fine regardless if you take it off or not. It may vary by department/county.

If you have a 4 door vehicle your rear side windows can not be as dark as you want. They have the same requirements as the front driver/passanger windows. I know for a fact because i have been ticketd it for it, checked it in the police book that officers carry with them and its true. I was also pulled over in scotia and given 4 tint tickets. One for each passanger door and driver door windows. And it held up in court as 4 seperate tickets that i had to pay. The officer didnt say a word about my 100% illegal tint on my windsheild though

It all depends on where they get you on the fix-it ticket, and NYS law does specific that you can’t have rear windows or sidewings tinted past 70% transmittance as well, look it up in the VTL. Just to throw this out there, I own two sets of windows… if you know what I mean… I usually get lucky and get the fix-its. Windows don’t take all that long to swap out. Sure as hell easier than scraping tint, and reversible.

Like I said, its not an NYS thing. its a dept thing. if they want to cut you a break they can. They dont NEED to, infact if you get the ticket and you say “hey wheres my fixit ticket for this?” they will get pissed and who knows what then.

It all depends on the Judge. he is the one that says what goes in his court. if he doenst like hand outs like that, the dept will not do it. Simple as that.

Amsterdam town or city, for get about a fix it ticket for anything other than a taillight bulb or something being out. I personally know one 2 of the judges, one current and one retired and 2 DA’s. They will not accept fix it sheets for much at all, and if they do they go out and verify that its infact fixed at the court house. Becasue the lazy cops usually dont go outside to see if the car has been fixed, just walk up to the window and hand them the paper and say I fixed it, they sign it and you leave.

Courts and tickets = it all depends.

BUT OP, back on topic, your getting fucked. You only get one ticket, per offense. Look up the law, its a 20 second google search, hell its stickied in the fourms here. Rear side windows and rear windshield can be as dark as you want, without obstructing clear view. front side windows 89% light transparency MIN. (factory glass is close to that, lightest tint avail is twice too dark)

i think its absolute horseshit. each town charges whatever the FUCK they way. i had one that was 125 and one that was 15. completely random numbers. also, consider all the other states that allow tint. how come it flies in some states but not others? like it said, HORSESHIT!

edit: i forgot to mention, i dont give a SHIT about those anymore(not like i did before, i just paid the fine), but now i have a note from my doctor that excuses me from having to pay fines and shit like that :smiley:

That’s clever as fuck. I might have to do that when I tint the shitbox.

Newp. Unless you have an illness verified through DMV (there’s only 3 legitimate excuses) and stickers on the windows, it’s still illegal and you can be fined for it.

I got a tint ticket from an Albany Cop on Washington Ave. Scanned my drivers glass and wrote me a single ticket. I think it was like $85-$100 I forget, it was awhile ago.

I tend to put the windows down if I see cops. lol Also, not romp on the car! I once got an exhaust ticket with an '03 Honda civic ex with DC twin canister exhaust. Not like it sounded like a weed wacker! It had a deep enough sound. No drone. Also had a header but stock cats. With an AEM intake.

I got let go because I traded the car in. lol