cheektowaga police.. and there court..

i got a ticket for rear window tint and no front plate… jus curious as so wether the license plate its a pts ticket or not… and does anyone know how much the surcharge is for appearing in court in that town? someone said its mad expensive

u wont get points, its not a moving violation. its different with each judge. i got one in west seneca for no front plate, went to court and judge said 20 bucks lol

NYS surcharge is now $85 :picard:

i thought you could have rear window tint as dark as you wanted?

i heard that changed. who knows…

I heard you now have to spend a night in the pokey with bubba

hmm news to me too… was this the very back window or the rear side windows?

Sux to hear it but NYS trooper told me that only your Front window, driver and passenger windows had to be factory; everything could ba as dark as you want it.

this was covered in a recent thread. the rule applies to driver side front and back and passenger side front and back. also of course your windshield.

NYS law is you can have the rear window as dark as you want as long as you have side view mirrors…

last i checked

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59381

post #7

well in THEIR court…
isnt this just equipment? you should be able to get it inspected by an inspections place (be better if it was a friend), and they sign the back of the ticket n shit and you just hand it in to an officer at the station and they drop the ticket

I was just reading about tint in my new 2008-09 V&T law book. there was a limit, i’ll look it up tomorrow

Windows aren’t even part of NYS inspection. How the hell they ticket you for that shit is beyond me. The back can be as dark as you want. You can paint the thing black for all anyone cares. That part of the ticket is BS. Only driver and passenger front windows are supposed to be 70% at min, meaning at least 70% of light passes through.

The front plate is a fix it ticket, or at least thats what I was told. Just put on the front plate and go to the DA office to get it dropped?

false. http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/NY/

how is anything he said false?

everything he said was correct except that you need side mirrors to tint the back window

my surcharge was 65$ back in 06 for my tints =(

Its tint…

i fucking hate when people say tints.

it makes me punch babies.

The driver and passenger rear windows cannot be tinted as well. The ONLY window that is allowed to be tinted in NYS is the rear window, provided you have two side mirrors.

Every time I hear someone spouting off the wrong info, I want to punch a baby as well. I was told at Rainbow that tinting my rear side windows was legal, but it is not. And I get pulled over for it. Thanks.