cheektowaga police.. and there court..

newds…?

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=668671&postcount=18

http://www.nycwt.com/laws2_files/legality.html

Tintcenter is giving me a MySQL error but that site seems to work. It appears cars can’t tint back side windows past 70% either, but minivans and SUVs etc have their own legalities. Which is bullshit.

The surcharge is now 85 dollars?

ugh. i have 6 inspection tickets i need to pay this month.

OK as per V&T Law section 375 12-b(1),(2),(3),(4)
Illegal is=
-front windsheild light transmittance less then 70%(except top 6 inches)
-side windows(front seats)-less than 70%
-side windows (behind driver) less than 70%(if classified as station Wagon,sedan,hardtop,coupe,hatchback or convert) (Vans,trucks,omnibus exempt?)
-rear window-less than 70% unless vehicle is equipped with side mirriors on both sides of the vehicle so adjusted that the driver thereof shall have clear and full view of the road and condition of traffic behind such vehicle.

BTW this is a traffic infraction. tint is not part of NYS inspection. (was years and years ago)

I was waiting for this, I agree once newds are introduced then the right answers will start surfacing, until then we can only hope and pray.

see the prob i run inot other wise i would keep the tint is… he siad nex time he sees me if it is not fixed hes going to take my car… tow it er whatever… and well i work at keystone which is basically next to the station sooo i see this dude alot… and uh yah i don wan my car taken away lol… ugh :frowning: asshole cops he was such a dick about it all too

Oh yeah, right - he’s going to impound your car because of your tinted windows? I’d like to see that.

He can’t do that. If he does you can sue for harassment. He’s not allowed to single you out, or make threats such as that. Just roll your windows down if he pulls you over again, if he impounds the car, take it to court. Keep a copy of the ticket you just received with his officer name and badge number on it for your record in case he tries to pull some shit.

If it was that big of a deal, I’d just remove them.

Vegas police are dirty.

That’s how I recall it, unless the law has changed since then. I did quite a bit of research on this before I had my tint done.

if you wear glasses or were in an accident that was your fault recently consult your eye doctor… that’s what my uncle did… now he has legally tinted windows… 5% on all windows except the front…

would this vary at all from town to town?

Thats state law so it should be consistant. There may be additional local ordinance’s

word :tup:

dont know why people are still trying to give their $.02 at what they think the law is…

Cuz when it comes to police and the laws… Seems like they tend to make their own.

LOL kids!! How about people grow up, dont put tint (not tints) on your cars and be happy with how it looks from the factory and the cops wont have an excuse unless you are doing something else that gets you pulled over?

Its always the “something else” that gets me pulled over. I never get pulled over just for my tinted windows.

Pauly stated fact.

The previous owner had a window tint done that I honestly don’t care for… Whats the going rate for removal?

All windows except for the windshield are tinted