Furor Cuomo is at it again... New Tint Law

F*&K Cuomo

Already discussed here:

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?284797-Tint-part-of-the-NYS-Inspection-Yes-it-s-being-proposed

Not at all surprised this became law.

I am since it reduces revenue from tickets

As much as I like to hate on Cuomo, there’s no reason for him to veto this mundane bill that legitimately passed both the state senate and state assembly.

Does the bill remove the ability for a cop to write a ticket?

Why would it? It’s still an illegal equipment violation. Your headlights and tail lights are part of the inspection but you can still be pulled over for them.

Now I have to drive down to the east side for all my cars inspections. Trash.

True, but wouldn’t it be a fix it ticket vs a fine only?

I love all this outrage about a law that didn’t even change.

I have illegal tints on a couple of my cars, I also don’t run front plates. Looks like I’m retinting my front windows every year now

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54918913.jpg

Just keep the tint off the leading 3" of the window edge lol, the reader only goes down a bit lol.

Right…but now you won’t pass inspection legally.

Where as before you took the risk of getting a ticket which I never had happen with the vette.

no big deal, pay to play

Pay how? Remove the tint get inspected retint window?

Do you not understand that nothing changed regarding the law?

HAHAHA

Is there any law that says you need side windows? What if you roll them down and pull the fuse or unhook the switch to they cant be rolled up to be tested.

whammy

There’s nothing in the NY VAT that says you have to have side windows, which make sense considering it’s legal to drive around in a jeep with no doors.

So I’m not really sure what would happen if you drove into an inspection station and claimed that the windows didn’t work and you just drove around with the windows down all winter. Sure sounds like a legal loophole to me.

In HS, I had my front windows tinted on a diagonal and had the super cool vent visors.

I am sure the inspection stations will love explaining to people their car failed because of tints…

BTW, I am pretty sure there will be work arounds in no time. Have a blank piece of glass to run the meter on etc. etc.

There are always ways around an inspection requirement, but it requires you know someone who does inspections well enough that they’re willing to risk major fines and losing their inspection license to let you slide. AKA, it means 90+% of the people driving around with illegal tint will get it removed at or before their next inspection.