anybody go to that buffalo news job fair in cheektowaga yesterday?

Nah thats not true, I’m just tapping all my resources to look around for a quality job here in buffalo.

Its not a negative post, I just found it kind of funny that the buffalo news hyped the shit out of this job fair.

I go there, and there are ten booths filled with jobs such as roto rooter, and cashier jobs at tops.

As I was walking out to my car, there was another dude my age (20 something). I could hear him muttering to himself “fucking roto-rooter”.

I talked to the guy for a minute, we just laughed how this is supposed to be showcasing the jobs in buffalo/niagara, and it shows whats really available.

The old saying is very true. Its not what you know, its who you know.

I still keep in contact with some of the guys who graduated with me. Some are doing ok, and they got their IT jobs through friends and family, not experience, and not their education. If they have a basic education and a referral from someone inside, they get the job asap.

I do a ton of networking. I know so many people. Recently I was offered a job in Salamanca working for the Seneca Nation as a field tech. I’m actually considering it now. But who wants to drive 90 minutes each way to work a 12 dollar an hour job with odd hours, and plan on working every holiday?

I’m not a negative dude at all, i’m the exact opposite.