WTFind: A job

I’m in the process of looking for a job and I thought I would see if anyone on here knew of any openings anywhere.

I would prefer something involving computers since my major is informatics, but I would consider almost anything at this point.

Thanks

the country club i work at needs a new dishwasher.

what the hell is informatics

[quote=“Locutus,post:3,topic:30174"”]

[/quote]

:snky:

:bloated:

is it a 4 year degree and where is it from

[/quote]

uhhh hmm, id say probably something about studying and storing stuff, organizing etc. secretary ftw!

http://informatics.buffalo.edu/research/faculty_works.asp

wait

this is what you do?

without getting into a huge discussion about it, its basically the combination of Computer Science/IT and business. gathering data, organizing and managing it, presenting it…etc

heres a link straight from UB about informatics:
http://informatics.buffalo.edu/school/informatics.asp

[quote=“Locutus,post:7,topic:30174"”]

http://informatics.buffalo.edu/research/faculty_works.asp

wait

this is what you do?

[/quote]

The Impact of Youth’s Use of the Internet on Youth’s Use of the Public Library. An investigation into the relationship between youth’s use of the Internet and its use of the public library. The project conducted a survey of 4,237 youths in both public and private schools (grades 5 through 12) in New York’s Buffalo-Niagara region. Its basic fact sheet summarizes 22 major findings and presents four conclusions.

Inversely proportional. /study

Well we are looking for sales people on my personal company. Its nothing to make a full income out of yet but it would be doing alot of marketing and performance based comissions… PM me for the website.

[quote=“juniorj”"]

I’m in the process of looking for a job and I thought I would see if anyone on here knew of any openings anywhere.

I would prefer something involving computers since my major is informatics, but I would consider almost anything at this point.

Thanks

[/quote]

I will have a position open here at my office soon
We work with DVR’s for companies looking for security camera systems world wide.

I am the president here and the only guy here at the office, our headquarters is located in Toronto CA. My boss comes every Wednesday to drop off supplies. So its pretty laid back here. 9-5 work week, salary based. Im in the office maybe less than 8 hours a day. The company here is 6 months old. We are located in Niagara Falls off on Buffalo Ave

Right now we might be in the process of hiring someone to assist me.
In a nutshell what you’ll be doing is messing around with our software, hardware, testing our systems to get them ready to be shipped, and shipping. Easy work if you know what your doing, of course I’ll have to train you.

PM me and we can talk more in depth if your interested

[quote=“jrod0187,post:11,topic:30174"”]

I will have a position open here at my office soon
We work with DVR’s for companies looking for security camera systems world wide.

I am the president here and the only guy here at the office, our headquarters is located in Toronto CA. My boss comes every Wednesday to drop off supplies. So its pretty laid back here. 9-5 work week, salary based. Im in the office maybe less than 8 hours a day. The company here is 6 months old. We are located in Niagara Falls off on Buffalo Ave

Right now we might be in the process of hiring someone to assist me.
In a nutshell what you’ll be doing is messing around with our software, hardware, testing our systems to get them ready to be shipped, and shipping. Easy work if you know what your doing, of course I’ll have to train you.

PM me and we can talk more in depth if your interested

[/quote]

that sounds interesting and something that could be fun.

[quote=“GhettoDaxx,post:12,topic:30174"”]

that sounds interesting and something that could be fun.

[/quote]

To be honest with you, there is alot of potential here but your going to have to wait for things to get big. Pay is decent considering the area that we live in and the lack of IT career opportunities, the real problem is helping my boss figure out how we do things here in the states. I have yet to receive any medical/ dental benefits yet; but they are in the works.

Its a stressful environment right now because there is alot of work to be done and only myself to tackle it. We have our daily orders and then we have our units that need to be fixed and shipped back in %100 working order. Its simple work and since I’ll be you boss :D, things will be even easier.

This is open to anyone on the NYspeed board looking for IT work

I’ll be posting a thread soon once I get the ok that they are going to hire another person here

-Jarrod

Interesting, PM sent.

Buffalo does not lack IT jobs…

[/quote]

fancy words for an undergrad degree that touches on parts of subjects that may be applicable in a real world situation, but are useless in the experience gained from their limited academic applications?

obviously!

[quote=“redrum,post:16,topic:30174"”]

fancy words for an undergrad degree that touches on parts of subjects that may be applicable in a real world situation, but are useless in the experience gained from their limited academic applications?

obviously!

[/quote]

I don’t know what is worse: the fact that I had to stop and think about that last post, or the fact that somehow after rattling around in my head it actually made sense.

But anyways, good luck with the job hunt. Maybe you should try a headhunter, might help your job search.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:15,topic:30174"”]

Buffalo does not lack IT jobs…

[/quote]

Great paying IT jobs with potential… FIXED

[quote=“jrod0187,post:18,topic:30174"”]

Great paying IT jobs with potential… FIXED

[/quote]

Once again…If you think your going to pick up the Buffalo news out of school and get a great IT job its not going to happen.

If you actually apply your self and look around there are a lot of well paying IT jobs…with room for growth…

[quote=“Rx3,post:17,topic:30174"”]

I don’t know what is worse: the fact that I had to stop and think about that last post, or the fact that somehow after rattling around in my head it actually made sense.

[/quote]

Haha, I was pretty drunk. I’m having the same problem with it now.