WTFind: A job

http://ubit.buffalo.edu/jobs/

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:19,topic:30174"”]

Once again…If you think your going to pick up the Buffalo news out of school and get a great IT job its not going to happen.

If you actually apply your self and look around there are a lot of well paying IT jobs…with room for growth…

[/quote]

Thats what I did, but in my findings 8 months ago a “well paying IT job” requires experience when in fact no company wants to spend X amount of $ to train / hire someone without at least 3-4 years job experience under your belt and a Bachelors degree in the IT field. I did research in this area opposed to other areas with the same economic stature, Ive concluded that there is little potential here. I haven’t nor needed to look at the job market here in Buffalo for some time now; maybe it has changed

thats not just a problem with IT jobs. Thats a problem with all Careers in Buffalo. My g/f is going through the same thing. She’s got more experience then most college grads and shes got above a 3.0 gpa but still can’t even get interviews. And those jobs that shes trying to get interviews at arent even THAT well paying of jobs.

This is not a good city for young ppl to find jobs out of college.

^ Networking is key in Buffalo; there are a handful of good jobs here but you need to know people to get them

http://www.infotechniagara.org/

Does networking events for IT people…

There are a few very good staffing companies around here…You just need some experience.

You don’t walk out of college and get a 50-60k a year job in the IT world…

Go do help desk or something for a year…get your CCNA or some worth while certs…get hands on experience and go from there…Don’t just go and list 1000 acronyms on your resume…detailing previous work you have done helps a lot…

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:23,topic:30174"”]

thats not just a problem with IT jobs. Thats a problem with all Careers in Buffalo. My g/f is going through the same thing. She’s got more experience then most college grads and shes got above a 3.0 gpa but still can’t even get interviews. And those jobs that shes trying to get interviews at arent even THAT well paying of jobs.

[/quote]

:word: I went through the same thing, had an interview at an Amherst school, asked if i had any experience and any certs. I said 2 years experience and no certs. He said “to be honest all you’ll be doing is messing around with AV cables and a little simple networking but we need someone with 4 years experience” :bloated:

No one just graduating will stay here long enough. There isnt the growth so no one will really hire someone out of college since they are at a higher chance to leave.

yeah, thats why im out of here after graduation

im not a politics kinda guy. I’ll play the games a little bit, Im a firm beleiver that showing up and doing ur work will the best u can is the best way to climb the ladder.

Unfortunately just showing up and doing a good job will leave you in the same job getting meager standard raises.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:25,topic:30174"”]

There are a few very good staffing companies around here…You just need some experience.

Go do help desk or something for a year…get your CCNA or some worth while certs…get hands on experience and go from there…Don’t just go and list 1000 acronyms on your resume…detailing previous work you have done helps a lot…

[/quote]

Thats what I’m trying to do =/

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:25,topic:30174"”]

[

[/quote]

O rly? :eyebrow:

In Buffalo

[quote=“redrum,post:29,topic:30174"”]

Unfortunately just showing up and doing a good job will leave you in the same job getting meager standard raises.

[/quote]

im doing pretty well where i am now…

sahlen’s allways needs people!

pmed

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:23,topic:30174"”]

[/quote]

3.0 in food eating is a must in blo… eat it bitches