Got the 996 tuned..

So yesterday I brought the 996 to EPL in Connecticut with Nick and Justin. We got there around 12:30 or so, and soon after they brought my car in to install the new parts. Those parts were muffler/cat deletes and bypass valves. Then they put the car on the dyno to do a baseline pull. The power would go down like crazy at two spots in the pull, which was due to it overboosting. And by like crazy, it’d drop almost 100whp at some points. So I had to leave the car there overnight and hope the bill wasn’t too expensive. I found out first thing this morning that the MAF was shot, and they had one there to swap in for me. So Nick (the man) brings me back along w/ Mk4 30R to pick it up today. Apparently, my car has a euro ECU because Tony needed to flash a euro file to it in order to make it work properly. After the car was recalibrated w/ the new maf and set to go, we got a good baseline in of around 420whp and I forgot what torque.

After some careful tuning, and maxing out the injectors, it dyno’d:
462whp and 507ft lbs

I’m going to get 72# injectors for it (overkill for now, but needed for the next possible setup) and according to Tony, I should be good for another 20-30whp. I’d like to break 500whp with the new injectors, so we’ll see.

Big thanks go out to Tony @ EPL and Nick Sgambelluri.
And Justin for giving Nick and I a ride home yesterday.

vids or pics of dyno?
I want some footage of rolling burnouts now :excited.
Nice numbers,:number1

I have on vid on my phone of the first dyno where shit was effed up. No pics I believe.

loud, fast, loud, its fast, oh and its loud. did i mention its fast?

oh yeah, and the S4, its fast too, but not so loud.

lol… it was funny bc I was heading to Southern CT today to get some wheels for the audi… and as im about to go through the tolls I see a nice b5 s4 and im like damn that looks like Nicks S4 and he took off… next thing seee this LOUD ASS Porshe take off… im like NO SHIT thats cossey lol… yes its loud and sounds really good!!:number1

yeah you called right after. i bet the toll booth people love it.

side note… EPL = Mustang Dyno.

yeah i bet they did!! lol

I think I saw a certain porche launching in the middle of rt 5 tonight I wonder who that was oh yeah and an audi turning around on washout road

:ninja i may, or may not have been driving said audi…

cewl

Sickkkk numbers. Glad to see you got it running properly.

still think u need moar boosts

big injectors + c16 now plz

whats a 996

car is deff loud and fast, congrats

:clap

not sure how injectors are going to give u more power.

plez to be explaining

So he can run more fuel to make more exploshuns to make more powerz…

Cossey - Why am I not driving this thing right meow?

He ran out of fueling right?

so his injectors are maxed out? really? seems to me that RUF would add injectors to the 550 package that would acomodate the power.