Goverment increasing standards for MPG by 2015.

Not quite sure how I feel about this “solution”.

“This proposal is going to help us all breathe a little easier by reducing carbon dioxide emissions from tailpipes, cutting fuel consumption and making driving a little more affordable,” Peters said.

I say why not just make the standard 50 mpg? That way we’d all benefit even more! :bash: I’m sure the R&D costs won’t be passed on either.

need to make it a world wide standard. we shouldn’t be the only ones who have ot meet the requirements for pollution control

Did we even meet the last Gov MPG goal ? :rofl:

While I agree with you, I think Americans drive further and more often than people in most other countries. We certainly use more petroleum than anyone else.

But honestly I think all MPG and emissions crap is a complete waste. Let the oil run dry and the price skyrocket, then we’d be forced to find other ways to get our asses to work and our food into the grocery stores and the problem would be solved.

while i think the intentions are great, i’m not sure i agree with the implementation.

I’m sick of all this going green garbage.

Pollution, Taxes, Fuel Prices, Healthcare.

I’m tired of hearing about it.

i’m sick of you being a giant fucking faggot.

:kiss:

He fucks berad?

ass sphincter says what??

Well then. :doh:

But seriously. A better environment would be great and all, but I’m sick of having it stuck in my face all day.

I saw this article a few weeks ago about “hyper-milers”. People that are obsesssed with gas mileage. This guy got 84 mpg out of a regular Ford Ranger.

^^^

"Then there’s the questionable method of positioning one’s automobile directly behind a large vehicle (such as an 18-wheeler) to catch its draft and reduce drag, which, Sundstrom says, “is called tailgating!”

It’s called me kicking up debris and your hippy ass can spend unnecessary money on damage further eliminating your fuel budget :kekegay:

Normally I don’t care for governmental interference in shit like this, but I’m all for this. This is something the automakers should have taken upon themselves years ago. People can say green this and carbon emissions that, but that really doesn’t matter to me.

Interesting, however, that Bush FINALLY decided to do something that could reduce terrorism.

I don’t give a rat’s ass about emissions…I just want to be able to afford to drive to work!