--- GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --- Thread!!!

YOU DRIVE A PIECE OF SHIT MUSTANG LMAO:bigclap:

they are.

and almost everyone on here has high def, so thats not… cool.

No just pointing out that you have no sense of reality. And clearly you are white trash if you like ps3 and philly.

Don’t forget the fox body, just add trailer.

thats great, so u have 1080P and still get the same resolution for TV shows as everyone else, you must be really proud of yourself.

He is. :pedo:

Let me try and resurrect this thread.

The game rocks. Granted I lost the first mission twice because I haven’t played a 360 before and couldn’t mash buttons quick enough, however everything else is phenomenal.

I don’t understand why everyone complains about the driving. It is great. It is very easy to control once you get used to and definitely varies with the car you are driving (do not ever steal anything resembling a minivan).

Having skipped GTA:SA the girlfriend thing is new to me and I don’t see how it adds value but still funnny when the controller starts rocking.

The shooting controls are great once you get used to them.

being drunk is hilarious.

I like the way the wanted system works this time w/ the sphere where the police are searching for you. Again this may be from GTA:SA but is a huge improvement over VC IMO.

The only complaint is that half of the characters I can’t understand. A lot of times with the cell phone or people in the car there is dialogue that I can’t hear clearly because the other SFX are too loud (music + car noises etc)

Oh, two complaints. Can I move the fucking horn button? Every time I turn fast I’m fucking honking. It took me a while to realize it was me. I was like “why is it that every time I hit the brakes someone honks at me?” Annoying as fuck.

Overall, if you aren’t a pussy, you will love this game.

Even Monica, who has no interest in games whatsoever finds it hilarious and sat next to me watching me play for quite a while last night.

for the dialog thing, go to the option menu and turn on subtitles… helps a lot. (or turn down the music volume)

as for the car horn, I don’t think you can change it

I did turn down the music, that helped. Didn’t see subtitles :bigclap:

Does anyone else find the horn annoying or am I just hamfisted?

eh, I don’t usually have a problem with it but hit it every once in a while on accident. I generally don’t notice though.

BTW, did you know that you can change from low beams to high beams if you hold the x button (only works at night)?

I thought that was pretty tits

really…good cus sometimes i was getting pissed cus u cant see good…

Yup. Lots of details in the game.

It’s kind of lame that all the vehicles have the same “honk.” Even the dirtbikes sound the same.

speaking of bikes they are hella harder than san andreas. The weight shifting is alot more important.

Yeah they take a great deal of skill in comparison. Braking properly is especially important.

Didn’t know you could shift weight, that makes sense :cjerk:

in san andreas you could move back and fourth to do wheelies and stoppies and when you moved forward you want a little faster. In gta4 you have to lean back a little to get traction then if you lean too far forward you lift the back tire and start to do burnouts.

yea, you shift weight in PS3 using the SIXXAXIS functions…

for the volume of the phone, you can change a setting that says to turn down the radio when you are on the phone… subtitles do help 2… especailly when you are dealing with the jamaicans… they are pretty funny

took me 3 times to finish that bike mission, the first one, i kept crashig the bike like a tard.

yeah took me a while to figure out that sitting back would add traction for getting it moving but its a perfect balance cause too far will have you in a wheelie in no time.