--- GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --- Thread!!!

I’ve been playing this game for about 6 hours straight. It’s fucking great!

Getting hammered and trying to drive while drunk is hilarious.

That’s all I’ll say so as not to spoil! Game looks amazing!!

Game looks like it will be awesome. The driving physics are drastically better, and the crashes are violent. Need to look to see if there is a command for buckling up because getting tossed through the windshield and into oncoming traffic sucks.

lol i love the ragdoll physics!!

The driving physics are better… and annoying! All the sudden the game became realistic ( in a sense ) instead of the normal arcade style of play. Car chases are much more difficult, you actually have to use throttle manipulation and the brakes! Wild! The first time I went through the windshield I had no idea what happened… lol.

The first time I blew someone’s brains out through their windshield looked amazing. Their head fell onto the horn and they drove into a building with the horn still blowing. Sensational.

Yeah, it’s awesome no doubt. LOL. Even the rainbow 6 type “lean/hide” feature was done very well.

The strippers are awesome.

what strippers?

fuck i gotta play this more tonight

It’s on the island north of the island you start on. I found it randomly, but there is also a part where you go with your cousin.

I took that prissy Michelle girl on a date there and she wasn’t feeling it… so i punched her in the face and dropped $250 in the back on lapdances! 3 way HOLLA

i bowled with her, lol

sissy

Ok I’ll get more for you. Were they the verbatim ones?

yeah, u have to come get aarons too

lol rob got mine and dropped it off…hes so good to me.

anyways…played it for a tiny bit and i love it so far. I’ll be playing more toinght

this game rocks

lol

i watched a stream from “meet_niko” last night on this website for 30 minutes.

kiss productivity outside of work for me goodbye.

Sorry for asking this, but how are you guys playing it? I’m assuming you need to mod your 360, I didn’t realize so many people on here had it modded. What chip or whatever do you have?

This isn’t necessarily for GTA, as my roommate has the collectors on reserve and getting it Monday at midnight, so we’d probably have it before I could even download it anyway.

If you have a Samsung or Phillips/BenQ drive you don’t need a chip. It leaked out in the US the 24th online so people were able to download it and burn it and play it until then.

IGN gave this game a 10 which they haven’t done in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I might pick this up now. I gotta find out if it’s any better on PS3 than 360.

I’ve heard worse on the PS3 (and from more than just Kevin who thinks everything is better on the 360).

But anyway, the game is amazing. I just got to the middle island on lunch.

i also heard there will be downloadable content on the 360 version and besides xbox live is >>>>>>>>>>>> ps3 network

here’s a good comparison video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDPHW8nJfrc

ps3 is a little smoother and loads a little faster. 360 looks more vibrant.

I’m getting it for the 360 because more of my friends have 360s.

yeah the ps3 has less jaggy lines, lol and jay i love sony :slight_smile:

but to me live>sony crap they call a network.