Greatest Local Driving Roads

Hey guys
Not too sure where thsi topic belongs. (mods feel free to move it to where it should be)
Where do you guys go for a nice drive? Or a quick ripp with your car within 1-2hr drive from GTA.
Since I’m from Vancouver, I don’t know any places in Ontario. :stuck_out_tongue:
So help me out please. Thanks in advance.

(I’M NOT LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO DRIFT/TOUGE. SIMPLY A NICE STRETCH OF ROAD FOR A QUICK DRIVE)

Hockley Valley Road, HWY10 northside of orangeville, connect to Airport RD (DIxon outta Toronto)

Grey rd.9 off of Airport rd. going west

Avenue Road (scenic mostly - ends up in rural roads with awesome view of a lake) - Cambridge
A few hills / corners then a backroad leading to Puslinch lake.

Snake Road (scenic / fun) off hwy 6 - Hamilton
hehe - no your 240 won’t fit sideways unless you take up both lanes.

If you want to try something really cool - check out the magnetic hill in Burlington. Magnetic Hill - Map and Directions - Burlington - Ontario
*daytrip bonus: there’s a big parking lot at the bottom of one of the hills that empties out after 8 or 9 and it’s proly still full of snow :twisted: *

When it gets warm (summer), and if you got more than 2 hrs - go up to Tobermory – Singing Sands Beach. Amazing - not many people there ever - it’s really scenic place.

http://www.donmartel.com/pics/main.php?g2_view=core:DownloadItem&g2_itemId=695&g2_serialNumber=1

It’s not a swamp - just sandy and shallow for about 200 meters or so - really cool place.

http://www.donmartel.com/pics/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=230&g2_GALLERYSID=71e184dab879c8f62518674ed2420768

Jack

nice idea for a thread!! I too would love to hear where you guys go for a nice ride. As for me, I’ve only been along Taunten Road. It’s actually steels rd. but turns into taunton just after markham road going east. Beautiful place in the summer and it’s a long stretch. Don’t get caught in rush hours though cuz it’s mostly a 1 or 2 lane road.

move to members, do we really want attention to nice roads??

isnt snake road really busy? and cops as well?

You’re best bet is to check out local motorcycle forums… they usually have TONS of roads they ride that not many people know of.

That is a wicked road. Went there this past weekend (Took the fiancee for a weekend away at Hockley) and she was sleeping… Lots of fun, even in a ka24de…

Highway 6 is filled with cops but snake road is pretty tame at night.
It is a tight 1.8 lane fit so I wouldn’t go there during the day if you plan on doing any funky stuff - around 4 am there’s noone there but it’s good to do a drive by first.

Nowadays they block it with construction crews during the nights so that trail is out - hopefully it’ll be back up soon :smiley:

I have to agree with Benson here being since I have been on here for years now too. Nothing good can come of posting nice roads you have found on here since its a public forum. My advice to you is talk to the senior members in private most know of good roads. Better yet come to the 2006 Niagara Meet and you may (depending on how it goes down this year) get a chance to experiance some really interesting roads in Niagara.

King Street west of Hurontario between Brampton and Orangeville nice short little run very scenic.