Great Roads

I saw this kinda thread in a number of forums and thought it’d be nice to have one on here.

Basically it’s just a list of your favourite roads to drive. I’m not talking racing, drifting, etc. Just a fun cruise.

It could be great scenery, twisties, up-and-downs, clean/smooth pavement, etc.

Post away.

(Preferrably in Southern Ontario, but other areas are cool too)

i am going to check out the forks of credit before i take the car off the road this year…

as for niagara routes, they have been refined to a single 2 hour trek of nuttyness… and it shall remain secret

I hear good things about:

• Forks of the Credit Road
  • Glen Williams-Terra Cotta-Inglewood
  • Hockley Road
  • Speyside Backroads
  • Rattlesnake Point
  • Snake Road

all from http://www3.sympatico.ca/elhum/roads.htm#tor

But they’re crazy far from me :cry:

there is a nice road in sarnia ontario just outside the city, its back toward a bush, its all smooth ashfault with many tight corners some upto if not over 90 degrees they are perfect to slid around and practice your drifting and controlled driving. a auto cross buddie of mine showed it to me, we have gone and run it a bunch of times over this past summer. to bad my cars put away and i have to wait till spring to take her out again
Brent

I been on Forks only once. The g/f lives like 5min from it and I took it for
a spin one day but I dared not to push it.

I’d cruise these roads, maybe go a little fast, but nothing overkill.

At least name the location or directions to these roads if you are gonna
mention them.

I vaguely remember Forks being north on Mississauga road (just north of
Bush st.)

the forks is in caledon

highway 7 starting from leslie street to basically highway 400 :smiley:

yea, hwy 7 from leslie(commerce gate area) to hwy 400, nice road to cruise on, been there enough times

another fun road…well it’s a private neighbourhood a friend and I accidentally drove into while lost…at 401/Avenue, when u exit onto avenue, you can’t go “north” on avenue, since that is where it ends, however, if you DO go “north” it is a quiet neighbourhood, so just go east on that first street, and get lost in that neighbourhood, it’s all twists and turns, was great in my Lude…i’ll be visitin that area again for sure when i pick up a 240sx…hopefully soon :stuck_out_tongue:

ive seen speed traps there numerous times be careful…

Drift on the highway, Jihads do it in their videos? c’mon, don’t tell me they have bigger balls than you!

Snake Road in Waterdown

Old Ancaster Road, Sulphur Springs Road, and Mineral Springs Road in Ancaster (all less than 2 minutes from my house).

Hey guys.

Yep the Forks is a good road. I’v been there a couple of times. The only thing is it can only be run a couple of times from one end to the other because it’s a residential street.

I have been on a few pretty good roads but I can’t remember the street names. I’ll think about it and post them if I can.

Take care all.

Easy 8)

about a 10min drive form my house. they are at HW 10 and Forks of the credit road. I Have been there a few times but i dont go fast. Its to blind and lots of ppl at the side of the road fishing.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/elhum/roads.htm

You guys may find this link helpful. Road write ups, directions and some photos too.

check it

sirdriftalot
SON User

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:12 am Post subject:

there is a nice road in sarnia ontario just outside the city, its back toward a bush, its all smooth ashfault with many tight corners some upto if not over 90 degrees they are perfect to slid around and practice your drifting and controlled driving. a auto cross buddie of mine showed it to me, we have gone and run it a bunch of times over this past summer. to bad my cars put away and i have to wait till spring to take her out again
Brent

There on sunday with a buddy in rx7 nice at night and no pigs

Bryce

you guys missed out on the great wangan roads:

the stretch on 404 from steeles right after the bend check for cops hiding on ramps, then accelerate all the way to hwy 7 or 16th ave… can easily reach speeds excess of 200km/h just in between these 2 exits, and can exit the hwy easily if there’re any cops (lookout for cops hiding on the right before you pass the 407. once you spot them, get off the highway)

don valley south is also really good, after you pass lawrence before you hit don mills exit there’s a long bend… going 160km/h plus there and accelerating out of the turn can usually put whoever you’re racing a few car lengths behind

at the end of don valley there is a ramp that goes onto the gardiner/QEW… enter the turn at 130 and accelerate, if your car is fast enough you’ll be at 180-200 before you even get onto the gardiner. once again, there’re enough ramps to get off the highway if you spot any cops.

didn’t realize toronto has a wangan circuit!!!

what? that one lane ramp to the gardiner?! or is there another one?

Keep up the good work guys.

son240sx.ca does not, in any way, shape, or form condone or advocate illegal activities such as street racing, wangan battles, touge runs, drifting, or any other form of reckless driving, especially on public roads.

son240sx.ca does not, in any way, shape, or form condone or advocate illegal activities such as street racing, wangan battles, touge runs, drifting, or any other form of reckless driving, especially on public roads.
:shock:

haha nice one john!

sorry for the small pic but this road is right by mosport, its alot of fun, big long flat road, followed by lots of of camber elevation changing switch backs.

tons of fun to drive, only about 7 min long, but then you can turn around and do it again.

Very rural so never any cars, but very wooded so you cant see if one is coming. Never a cop there.

Drive it nice first.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/624000-624999/624436_27.jpg