Best Driving Road in and around the GTA

Not sure if there was a post like this…anyways

Now that I have my s14 running quasi well (besides a faulty o2 sensor) I’ve been looking and hunting for nice driving roads. Kinda like in those racing games? Where you have city routes or rather point-to-point racing?

anyways…
This got me the idea of asking you guys here as to what are good cruising or driving roads around the GTA area.

I live in the downtown area, so most of the roads here are pot hole, speed bumps, and street car rails riddled. However I mapped out 2 routes that I enjoy from time to time:

(I’ve included a map quest link at the bottom just in case any of you guys want to try this route’s. Try to do the same if you have your own suggestions)

Route 1: approximate cruising time: 45 min - 1 hour

Start at Leslie & Lakeshore (By Timmy’s and Canadian Tire) travel west on lakeshore and just keep on driving. The route takes you underneath the Gardiner, past through the Air Canada centre, beside the Skydome a.k.a Rogers Centre, leads you by the CNE, pass by the lake, and all the way into Etobicoke and Sauga. The drive back is equally good as the route takes you by the lake.

(lake shore is the street directly below the Gardiner once the screen loads. You’ll have to scroll a little bit east to see leslie.)

Route 2: approximate cruising time: 30-45 min

Start off Jarvis and Gerrard, and proceed north bound and take the Mount Pleasant exit. Travel north on Mount Pleasant all the way up to Lawrence (if you like). While your heading up there Mount Pleasant (as the name states) is like a winding mountain like road in downtown Toronto and gives you a fairly good drive. Once you hit Lawrence (you can keep going if you like but you’re hitting residential areas) head East until you hit the Bayview extension. Head south on Bayview and you’ll soon pass all the nice restaurants into the Bay extension, which is the sloping side of Mount Pleasant. This is where you can head down the Bayview extension heading south later turning into Pottery Rd. There is a street called Rosedale Valley Rd right off the Bayview extension (when it turns into Pottery road) that follows along bloor street above. The Rosedale Valley Rd connection is a 2 lane road that travels for about 5-8km. Probably the only winding road in Toronto.

(image shows Rosedale Valley Rd, you’ll have to retrace my steps in my route description to know what I mean)

Disclaimer: When driving on these roads, excerise caution, these are routinely patrolled streets, so don’t do anything stupid.

I know there are a lot of winding roads in Hamilton and in the Niagara region
so any of you guys here who are willing to share their cruising roads…it’ll be awesome!
Thanks guys!

well in Caledon by brampton there is this amazing route called The forks of the credit.

its probably one of my fav roads for semi spirited driving, you gotto watch out tho, alot of people have been seriously hurt there…i would suggest going slow the first few times lol.

I can vouch for this one, the reverse is the route I took into DT on the day you saw me at the beaches. The road gets nice and twisty at certain points, and the fact that you’re under a bridge for a lot of it made for some beautiful noise. Then again, I’m a lunatic that’s in love with my car’s exhaust note :wink:

^
that’s the only reason why i like driving underneath the gardiner…
with my buddies z28 camaro and myself revving along…
jeez…it gets stupid loud!

I haven’t driven it yet. But 19th between Bathurst and Yonge is supposed to be pretty cool. Couple friends have told me so, so I’d say it’s worth a check.

how long are these roads by the way?

meaning…what is the approximate cruising time to complete the route?

There’s this street that’s about 1/4 mile long, it’s called Ridgeway and it’s off Eglinton…(there’s also one south of it but I dunno about that one). It’s a great road to do 0-100 or whatever. Never any traffic…very quiet area. I heard cops are onto that road but I’ve been on it many times and never saw a glimpse.

forks of the credit ftw! haha. just south of caledon village: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/Caledon+Village+ON/

probably take you 5-15 minutes, depending on your speed.

I’ve always kept my favorites word of mouth… I posted a thread like this about a year ago, and immediately thought twice. This forum is policed patrolled, and there is no need to draw more attention to spots that are already getting blown up by irresponsible drivers (and the resulting cops).

As far a cruising goes though… can’t beat lakeshore. Starting at brant st in burlington, and cruising down Hamilton beach is always my favorite. Granted, thats just a nice cruise. No “spirited” driving. Nice days, every other car is a police car.

DO NOT DO THIS, I LIVE ON THAT STREET. tust me , its a divided area, there is one side with houses with NEVER any cops, and then there is another side in a government housing complex that always has undercover police patrolling and using speed traps. PLZ DONT BRING HEAT NEAR ME AREA, there are already enough posers in cavaliers, and guys in subbies everywhere. On the other hand, i do know that if your going west on burnhamthorpe ( after ridgeway) it is all farm area, and the road keeps on going right into oakville.

a provincial park?

More info

are u that guy with a red hb big fmic? ive seen this car around a couple times and i live just off colonial.

no, that isint me, but i do know the car your talking about. i used to have a dark blue hb. i live right on dovetail.

lol no way im on mulcaster

finally got up to forks of the credit rd. just this past sunday…awesome drive up there…(unfortunately on the way back I think I developed some sort of exhaust leak and I wasn’t boosting properly)

However…besides that little problem…Honestly…one of the best roads I’ve been on thus far. Awesome dips and twisty’s. Took a little video of it as well…which I will post later. It was raining that day…so I was going quite slow, seeing it was also my first time on the road and I wasn’t used to it yet.

But I also found this floating around the forums…thought I might share for those who haven’t seen this yet

for anyone in the durham area head up brock in ajax up in to the concessions and have some fun there roads are all perfect no pot hole no cops cause its the country and its all hills and twists hairpins…etc

Forks of the Credits is very heavily patroled with police, I live 8 minuits from it.

Numerious people have died on it, and the people who live on the road are out for speeders with vengence mainly due to the insane amount of motorcycles that rip through.

Some of them have setup cameras on the side of the road to take photos of the licence plates of speeders, and the OPP station is about 2-3 min up the road so when they call the police they are able to make it to you before you get to Airport Road.

I really suggest not ripping on this road.