Grilling on the grill

does anyone have any good grilling recipes

steak + A1 marinade + Montreal Seasoning = teh win

or steak+red wine marinade over night+mintreal or tony charthers cajen seasioning=good

ask sonic03snake !!!

can’t reveil the secrets!!!

‘chief boy r lou’

im hearing its almost time for a grill and chill

what tofu-bean curd-veggie burgers-and a side of hugatree soup :finger:

Grilled chicken on a beer can- :yum: :beer: Use half a can of beer. Put some more holes in the top of the can. Rub the whole chicken with your choice of spices, and sprinkle some in the beer can. Stuff the can into the opening of the body cavity(so that it doesnt spill). Pull the legs forward to form a sort of tripod, so that it stands upright. Tuck the wings behind the chicken’s back. Takes around 1 1/2 hours to cook and steam the meat with BEER!!! :yum:

dont ask jeff95ta for recipes

soak the steaks in italian dressing over night :yum:

:finger: :slight_smile:

Marinaded salmon (or chicken) with the McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade. :yum:

And when doing steaks make sure to sear both sides over direct heat for a few minutes (locks in the juice), then finish with indirect heat.

Just cause I’m thin doesn’t mean I can’t grill. And those burgers from the BBQ don’t count - I couldn’t control the flame!

chop up potatos into potato chips coat with a good olive oil… chop some onions… put taters and onions in aluminum foil with a clove of garlic or 2 and a few pats of butter… throw it on the grill for 15- 20 min add cheese if you want towrd the end of that time… now thats some killer taters

When it comes to beef you need some acidity to help soften the meat. Beer and other alcohols works as does the vinegar in salad dressings. There are so many combinations you really can just do what tastes good to you. You really can’t go wrong w/ just Italian dressing (I like Wishbone) if you want a quick easy marinade. Another one that you really can’t screw up is some beer (I prefer to use a cheap beer, maybe even a light beer cuz I don’t like to taste the beer in the beef too much) and a generous amount of Montreal Steak seasoning. I like to add salt (be careful w/ the salt… a lot of the Montreal Steak seasonings out there have a ton already), pepper, Cajun seasoning, garlic and a few other spices to that too. Also, if you’re doing something like a tri-tip you can steal a pot roast trick and stab it full of cloves of fresh garlic.

Once you get more comfortable w/ your marinade and how changing the ingredients effects finished flavor just about anything in the spice cabinet and fridge is fair game… it’s all about what tastes good to you! Worstecher sauce is good too.

Keep in mind w/ a good cut all it really should need is a salt and pepper rub, maybe a few other seasonings but still just a rub. You don’t want to overpower the flavor of a great cut w/ a marinade.

Oh, and I like to use a Ziploc bag instead of a bowl or marinating tray so that I can “beat my meat” to soften it even more. :wink: Jeff is right about searing both sides quickly w/ high heat to lock in the juices then finishing it w/ lower heat (lid on probably).

-TJ