Grimm or Tomlin?

What does Pittspeed think?

I’d like to see someone w/in the organization already get the job…

I would to, but personally don’t see the ‘Head Coach’ flare and passion that I think is required for the job.

http://www.lsxperformanceparts.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84

Grimm, he’s local !:smiley:

Tomlin. hes young, agressive, defensive minded. i dont like how Grimm wants to ‘pound the ball’ if thats the case, i hope he plans on findin a new RB cause noone here right now can do that. we have the perfect offense to open it up alittle bit. incorporate alot of screens, passes in the flat to parker (ala westbrook in philly), the best posession reciever in the game and an emerging big play reciever (hopefully, in holmes). im not saying become a passing offense, but be creative, just be smart about it. use the fucking pass-catching tight end wwe drafted and incorporate our rb’s speed.

I agree 100% w/everything you said…but it is rumored that is why Wiz wasn’t picked…he wanted to “open” the offense up a little.

Tomlin

Rivera

i doubt theyll wait for him though

I like Tomlin. I like his style on the sidelines. As much as I hate to say this, what will Pittsburgh do about a black head coach? There are still alot of racist people in this town. Is Pittsburgh ready for a black head coach?

As long as we are winning the town wont care.

the only thing i wonder about is that he will probly like to run a 4-3 defense rather than a 3-4. we could run it fine with our personel, i would assume but i dunno. we are stuck in the ‘this is how we do shit around here’ frame of mind on so many things, itd def be a change for someone like Tomlin, but i like the guy and i think he’d be cool.

^^^^all rertarded who don’t think or know grimm is the one chosen already,they are just finallizing all the paperwork and pay right now

maybe so, but id rather have tomlin

Yeah, but the steelers aren’t ALWAYS going to go 11-5 or 12-4. There will, invariably, be a year they go 8-8 or worse.

And when that happens, will the town lose its shit?

why are people under the impression that pittsburgh is some racist town? like said, if tomlin won, no one would care. If he lost and people started to bash him only then would someone pull out the race card. with that said… tomlin talked about going to a 4-3… personally i like the thought of going to a 4-3 but right now we don’t have the defensive ends to do it good. joey will be gone or atleast i hope after next season, going to a 4-3 then would be a better idea. for running a 3-4 we defiently don’t have enough sacks from our linebackers. If tomlin gets the job and wants a 4-3 you can kiss lebeau goodbye. I like them both… i like grimm better because of one comment he said… they asked him " is this your dream/" he said " no its not my dream to coach the steelers, i wasn’t sitting in my back yard as kid thinking about it, i was thinking about playing" what that says to me is the man is truthful, not gonna bs and give a script answer cause its sounds good to say, down to earth type of guy… Good guy for the coach of the steelers… Cowher had an ego problem while he was here with the media, he acted like a lil baby. tomlin to seems to be down to earth. its a tough call… grimm is the local boy and i’m all about that.

x2 im wondering how people will be

WHY!!! steelers fan worship guys like joe green, lynn swann, mel blount…they are black… kordell was liked by the fans and he was black, no one said anything bad about him being black when he was suckin…maybe stuff about being a fag but not calling him a dumb nig. people are looking for something that ain’t there

i dont think race is an isue. cutty makes good points. i just am not sure about the ‘pound the ball’ thing. tomlin wants to run first too, whixh is ok but i think we need a mor open mind with the offensive personel we have. i agree with cutty about the D but i think it wont take much change to switch up the defensive scheme. if anything, now is the perfect time to install it because our LBs are either getting old or ending their contract soon anyways, so we can go ahead and sign/draft according to the new defense.