GROUP BUY: Cheap Wheels & Tires Version 3

It’s that time again.

Wheel and Tire Group Buy Version 3

The previous two group buys have been extremely successful and I would like to thank everyone who participated once again for being a pleasure to do business with.

In anticipation of having several winter tires orders I’ve done a little bit of research in order to make some recommendations. Alternatively, I will of course still be offering any and all selections of tires and wheels, not just winter-related.

I’ve been reading countless reviews, user ratings and various other winter tire discussions/articles and I’ve learned a lot about the different types of winter tires available.

After weighing the important options such as PERFORMANCE, PRICE and of course AVAILABILITY I have decided to recommend two different tires that are very economically priced as well as offer awesome features and performance.

Both tires happen to be from the same manufacturer but I assure you that this is a coincidence and I equally weighted each of the tires available to me through my supplier.

These selections cover just about anything that you could need in a winter tire, so I’ve decided to keep things simple and offer only these two as options. Summer tires and wheels on the other hand are still available in any sizes, makes, models, etc.

Winter Tire Options:

Number 1: Hankook Winter iPike W409
This is the more ‘hardcore’ of my two choices, it is one of the best ice performers on the market and also offers very high traction in deep snow and wet driving conditions. Siped and extra deep tread offers fantastic deep snow and ice performance. To further increase the W409’s ice capabilities these tires are optionally studdable for an extra cost of about CAD $13 per tire per tire. Please note that it is illegal to drive on studded tires in Ontario on public roads (perhaps all of Canada?) but for ice/snow racing there is no better alternative.
Click Here for High-Resolution Photo

Number 2: Hankook IceBear W300
This is the tire that I’m going to put my #1 recommendation on. They offer great wet and DRY/SALTY road handling and in the winters that we experience in Canada. In the GTA the majority of the time is spent driving on wet and or dry/salty roads. We get the odd snowstorm and these tires will still far outperform any all season tire in the snow and ice. They also offer a much more comfortable and quiet ride than a more ‘hardcore’ winter tire. For those who can recall the conditions during the last several years worth of winters, you’ll probably agree that it is not very often that we have to deal with substantial amounts of ice or deep snow for more than a day or two here and there. These tires will handle getting you out of your driveway after a typical storm and driving on a sheet of snow for those few weeks of the winter where good snow tires are actually necessary.
Click Here for High-Resolution Photo

I’ve outlined some packages below that include winter wheels as well as pricing, in canadian dollars and include all shipping fees, duties and storage fees and include mounting, balancing and valve stem installation.

Winter Tire Package #1
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/logos/lg.han.logo.gif
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/hanss3.s.jpg
Four (4) Hankook Winter iPike W409 Tires in 195/60/15
Four (4) Black Steel 4x114.3 Wheels
The Tires will come mounted and balanced ready to bolt on to your 4-bolt 240sx.
Total Cost: CAD $540

Winter Tire Package #2
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/logos/lg.han.logo.gif
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/tires/hansv1.s.jpg
Four (4) Hankook IceBear W300 Tires in 195/60/15
Four (4) Black Steel 4x114.3 Wheels

The Tires will come mounted and balanced ready to bolt on to your 4-bolt 240sx.
Total Cost: CAD $560

I have an actual example set of both models of tire that I already brought up if anyone cares to check them out in person

Now that's out of the way, on to the typical group-buy-type-info...................
  • Wheel and Tire combo’s will be mounted and balanced FREE OF CHARGE

• Professional Heat-Cycling is available at a cost of CAD $20 per tire

• I require a deposit of approximately 30% of the total cost of your purchase. Deposits can be made by EMT (preferred) or in Ca$h. The remaining balance will paid once your product arrives and is ready for pick-up.

• There is no deadline. I will run the group buy until I believe I am at transportation capacity which will be between 25 - 35 tires depending on the sizes. If you plan on getting in on this, send a deposit - there are no dibs and nobody gets to call a spot - [b]your dibs is your deposit.

Available Tire Manufacturers:
*Please note that most Competition tires at not available. Some particulars that I do know are available however are Nitto NT01, Nitto 555 (Drag and Circuit), Advan NEOVA and possibly a few more - it doesn’t hurt to ask anyway!
BFGoodrich
Bridgestone
Continental
Cooper Tires
Dominator
Dunlop
Falken
Fisk
General
Good Year
Hankook
Kumho
Michelin
Mohave
Nankang
Nitto
Pirelli
Riken
Roadhugger
Uniroyal
Warrior
Yokohama

Available Wheel Manufacturers:
5Zigen
Akuza
Alcoa
August (Audi wheels)
Beyern (BMW wheels)
Boyd Coddington
Cray (Corvette wheels)
Drag
Enkei
G Games (by Rays)
Hailbrand
Hot Wheels
Konig
Mandrus (Mercedes wheels)
Maxxim
MB Wheels
Mirage
Momo Italy
Nascar Victory Wheels
Original Equipment (Steelies)
Petrol
Privat
Rage
Replica Alloys
Rich Evans
Rolf Blix
TSW
Unique Wheel
Victor (Porsche wheels)
Voxx

Please check previous group buy threads for pricing EXAMPLES ONLY. The current price of the same tires may or may not be the same as previous group buys but should be very close.
Version 1: http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28335
Version 2: http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28938

Feel free to extend the group buy invitation to friends, etc. - the more popular these group buy get the cheaper my pricing will get! I plan to continue doing these as long as time permits. (I’ve been able to take off a lot of Fridays recently which allows me to spend time on setting up accounts and dealing with a lot of group buy related things but who knows how long that will last)

*All or most of the images in this thread are borrowed from discounttiredirect.com[/b]

As requested from the previous GB:

205/50/17 Michelin X-Ice and Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25

Thanks!

Winter tire studding price added above. CAD $13 per tire. I’m so tempted to do this :smiley:

to Derek and all of the guys who have pm’d for pricing I will get to you today sometime, I promise. Just don’t have time at the moment.

Hi Derek, finally got a chance to look at your request but I didn’t realize you were asking for winters, sorry.

As stated above I will only be bringing up the winters stated in my first post.

If you are looking at “tame” / comfortable / quiet / all around performers like the two tires you stated I suggest the IceBear W300 listed above, it’s competitive with the tires you requested and a very good tire.

Quote me the following please! I have a hunger for some skylines!

Falken Azenis RT-615 245/50/16

AND

Nitto NT01 245/50/16

No Toyo? WTF mate?

I have a fever… and the only cure is more GRIP :evil:

Nitto NT-01
D.O.T. approved competition radial.
245/50ZR-16 97W BLK
UTQG: 100AA
CAD $201 per tire

rt615 dont come in that size, sorry

what the price for the iPike 195s with out the rims.

peace

Hey John, I have a few questions.
One, the studding, how big of a deal is it to cops? Are they likely to notice something like this? Could I play it off and act a fool if they do?
Two, pricing on the iPikes in pair of 205/55R17 and pair of 225/55R17
Three, are you able to get 17" steelies?

Thanks

Could you give me pricing in the size that I need? 205/50/17

Thanks!

can i get a quote for drag dr-16 red with polished lip 17" 4x114.3 no rubber and with basic rubber.

just quoted these in PM

just a quick note, I have no personal experience with these tires but I’ve been hearing good things about them. they are very reasonably priced also.

Yokohama S.drive
Aggressive Grip. Smooth Handling. Impeccable Control. Z-speed rated.
215/40R-17 87W XL B
UTQG: 300AA
CAD $141 per tire

Where’s my pm skank? =P

hmm uncle might be intrested…winter wheel package for a 01 acura teg gsr, its 4 bolt…the legal tires ;). Can I get a quote please for the cheapest effective size?

the same size is ideal for integra also, a friend just got some in my last group buy for the same car.

1. mrsynister (Joseph) / 2 x 215/40/17 Yokohama S.drive / $282 TOTAL

i missed your post! sorry man, im just leaving for work (im 20 minutes late, i had too many pms to deal with this morning!) and i’ll reply within an hour probably.

talk to you soon

Hankook Winter iPike W409
High performance studdable winter radial. T-speed rated.
195/60R-15 88T BLK
CAD $75 per tire

Sounds good homie :wink:
That’s why you don’t reply to pm’s in the morning, you do that shit on work’s time, when you’re getting paid for it :smiley:

nothing available in 205/55/17

but i do have the following:

Hankook Winter iPike W409
High performance studdable winter radial. T-speed rated.
225/55R-17 101T XL B
CAD $124 per tire

Hankook Icebear W300
High performance winter tire.
225/55R-17 101V XL B
CAD $135 per tire

As for the 17 steelies, I’m waiting to hear back from my supplier for a price.