gsr transmission question

i just have a question about my gsr transmission the problem is i got a slight 3rd gear grind only at hi rpms what can i do to try to fix it ? i was told to use synco mesh in my transmission but when i called about it they told me it was only for gm cars so idk im lost and looking for help

You can use the gm synchromesh it works great. However its just a bandaid to try to squeeze more time out of worn out parts. Time for some new synchros and possibly a 3rd/4th gear slider. I recommend getting the parts from David at Synchrotech transmissions.

thanks alot for the info do i fill the transmission with nothing but syncromesh or mix it?

i want to but a lsd transmission but i cant find one for a good price if your know anyone

Or you could try putting in the cheapest engine oil you can find. Honda tranny’s actually call for 5w-30 if I’m not mistaken. Problem is, some fluids are too slippery and worn syncros can’t grab the shift collars to sync the gear up to speed. Using a far less slippery fluid can help it grab a bit quicker. Again, parts are most likely worn and this would only be a temp fix.

i put cheap walmart brand in it lol when i put the tranny on my motor

The GM fluid works great for having the necessary friction between the synchro and cone, what Nick said is totally right… some fluids are too slippery. Honda has their own specific MTF that they “require” but many of the older models had regular motor oil suggested as a substitute.

For an average street car I like to use and suggest:

Honda genuine MTF
GM genuine synchromesh
Pennzoil synchromesh
Amsoil synchromesh

Any of these will work fine providing the trans is in good working order to start.