GSR Transmission with a quafe LSD Both need work!!! (Read thread for details)

I have a gsr trans that some kid had built wrong… He overshimed the dif inside the case causing it to bind the transmission up as well as the main shaft bearing and 4th gear sycro… I had this trans apart and checked it out once… I took the shims out because the trans should have never had them in it, it didnt need it…

I replaced 2nd 3rd and 4th gear sycros with used ones i had laying around the house… Slapped a used bearing in the case for the main shaft, cleaned the rest up and hoped for the best… (not wanting to put any money into the transmission) It was just going to be a backup…

The trans worked great for a month or so untill fourth gear started popping out again… reverse started to not want to fall into place, and generally just started acting real funny, so i pulled the trans, and replaced it with another gsr trans i had (semi built)

Like i said originally i was going to use the trans for a backup and just rebuild the entire thing this time but If you want the trans and dif im selling it for $200 because i can really use the cash…

As far as the damage inside the trans… I haven’t taken it apart again… but we can before you buy to see the internals of the trans its components…

I told you that you should have had me install it.

Anyway, why don’t you just sell the quaife by itself, I’m sure you’d get some bucks back for that alone?

if the dif isnt bad i would give ya 300 for it shipped

paypal ready

It had nothing to do with the way i installed it… like i said, the trans was overshimmed to begin with which i think put alot of stress on the rest of the bearings in the trans… i didnt replace them all, which i think was the downfall… after a month of abuse it just kinda went to shit…

But yah i might just pull it out of the trans and sell it by itself. I may have better luck that way, with a faster sell. :tup:

Pmed.