GT-R does 7:29 around nurburgring.

:eek2:
The new Nissan GT-R now holds the production car record for the Ring.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=126032

Has the zr-1 been officially timed yet? Its going to be closer than everyone thinks.

Chevy says it will do the job, just nothing has been announced yet. Its going to be interesting though to see who is faster.

What was funny was autoblog showed that Nissan has been testing the V-spec GTR on the ring. It was spotted the same day as a camaro test mule was also making its way around the ring. Musta been a odd matchup.

Wow, the GTR Vspec is ripping off 7:25 laps… thats gonna be pretty tough to beat.

I heard the Porsche Carrera GT did it in 7:28.0

I cant wait till we get one of these in… apparently we have a list 5 miles long of people who want the 2 we are getting

That is one fast lap time…impressive indeed. I don’t think the GT2 was tested yet, or if it was I didn’t see the times. There are some pretty big guns out there this year…

From what I read they ran it but it was “unofficial”…so who knows it could get faster.

wow thats insane

there is a guy who gows to my gym and drives a black porsche…he told me he is on the list to buy one, and its $5000 down to secure it.

crazy, wonder if the ZR1 will do it or not

wish there was a video of this

I’ve got my money on the ZR-1. But damn, thats going to be tough to beat.

I heard the same thing. Something about how they timed it or where they went from… When I heard the time though, it was in the 7:30’s

Tony Swan was whipping up on the lightly modded Z06s at BeaveRun in the bone stock GTR he was driving during One Lap. Those cars are freaking bad. He’s a pretty good driver, it’s possible that the Z06 owners/drivers may have been at a disadvantage. Either way, he consistently finished ahead of the Z06s, at least the ones that didn’t have forced induction.

GTR is sick. Tony was driving an auto/manushift deal, are they offering a 3 pedal model in the U.S.?

hear is where I read it

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleId=52093

not right away according to Nissan, but not out of the question. This being Nissan…I’d imagine there will be at least a R-tune, Z-tune, S-tune, Nismo track tune, WTFBBQ tune…you know that sort of thing…one of them will be available with a manual 6spd

Remember how everyone was astonished when the Z06 went around the ring as fast as it did? It could go faster. Remember all of these cars that are regulars on the track(all of the german cars)are probably more than likely running someone who is familiar with BOTH the car AND the track. The Z06 never saw such frequency at the track. I suspect that the same will happen with the ZR-1. And as i remember there were reports of the first time that the GTR ran…not being a complete lap, wonder if this is the same issue.

There was a ton of talk when the GTR prototype posted its first time of 7:38(?) on the ring. There was video of it lapping and you could see damp spots on the track. However people found out later the run was made on non-factory tires. That started a whole shit storm on what the real time actually was. Apperently the 7:29 was done with a actual stock model off the showroom floor not the prototype.

GM has been big on the ring lately, everything has been getting tested there. The new CTS-V clocked off a 7:59 and beat the M5 around the ring sometime last week.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/14/video-cadillac-cts-v-takes-to-the-ring-pummels-into-submissio/ (watch the video)
The CTS-V, Z06, Solstice, new camaro, and probably a few others I’m missing were all tested at the ring. With guys like John Heinricy behind the wheel who has so many race wins under his belt its not even funny. I think the ZR1 is going to be right there with the GTR. Problem is this is going to spawn a cock fight between GM, Nissan, and probably Porsche for fastest ring time. So you’ll probably see a few limited models coming out to try and take the title (Spec-V, more powerful ZR1, lighter GT2, etc). Not that I’m complaining or anything, its going to be fun to watch.

wow, that car pulled a 7.29?? the carrera GT has more hp , and is lighter and could only do just under 7.30

thats hard to believe that GT-R did it that fast! especially showroom stock. That car must be a handling dream machine! Nissan really put something great together with that car

I dont think the ZR1 will beable to beat that by much. It will need good tires that for sure

I dont think either corvette needs ricer excuses to defend their times. They are still great cars. It is what it is.