GT28RS from ebay???

I found this turbo on ebay and just wondering if anyone know the deal with it. Why is it so cheap? Is it going to last or blow the next day :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/GT28RS-T25-T28-Ball-Bearing-SR20DET-CA18DET-Turbo_W0QQitemZ230192187429QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dont get it

it will fall aprt, just a matter of when

i dont trust anything with moving parts to knock off’s

People still ask this question?

Thanks matty, good to know :smiley:

just outta curiousity how many ppl ACTUALLY have picked up one of these ebay turbos in the last 6 months… because i have heard many with no issues(better manufactured)
i had picked up a t3/t4 but i wasnt happy with the top mount setup, i had no problems with the turbo itself … ran it at 14psi, no shaft play when i pulled it back off or anything, however i didnt get put on a lot of kms before changing my mind. so i can only give little opinion

i have been approached by several dealers to put these things to market… some of them have good warranties too, or are at least from suppliers who have always been very good with warranty issues.

I may be trying out of a couple of these in the immediate future.

I can back up schwiin_27, as he is my buddy and I know what kinda power he was running with that turbo, no issues at all like he said and the car was fast. The manifolds on ebay however may not be a good choice unless you can create a support bracket for the turbo, because they tend to crack over the weight of the large turbos

bing very curious to follow this because im in the position of rebuiling a s14 t28 becasue of an oil seal - proffessionally for 600. ive seen these gt28rs ones on ebay and have definelty been contemplating them…

What i am trying to do is confirm warranty and then see if i can get a 100% guarantee on the first couple so i can try one myself and maybe let someone like yourself try one as well.

I also know people who have not had issue with these turbos, but also not with very much mileage. So i wouldnt go by that yet.

With manifolds, i am using the same cheapo bottom mount T2 manifold for 3 years and 40,000km’s with no issues at all.

as with most things, the failure is user error, not product error. People dont know how to install a manifold or a turbo, they fail, and the blame falls on the product.

I have had people break brand new Garrett Turbos immediately, return for warranty and break them again immediately…lol… that is not the turbo’s fault.

I’ve even broken a Garrett myself the first time i installed it

no in the case of my previous t3/t4 setup i did the install myself and unfourtunetly i know for a fact it was the manifold and the shotty welds around the tight areas of the external gate, the turbo itself was held great, it was all dismanteled and inspected thoroughly but yes i know were ure coming from about poor installation.
i would be willing togive one of the turbos a shot if u get a few.

my guys are telling me to wait a few months on the turbos for them to get some feedback on them.

Thanks guys for the input. I’ll let you guys know how it goes if I ended up getting one :smiley:

yea plz keep me posted. right now ive pulled the t28 with the blown oil seal out and the cars just sittin for the winter, and im tryin to source out he best route. stock pilin other parts for it to be re tuned in the spring with upped injectors, maf, and nistune daughterboard

what company have u been talking with bing??