Ebay turbos..

Just wondering what ppl think of buying a turbo on ebay?

Are you asking about eBay turbos as in the generic, mass produced, cheap stuff?

Or people selling authentic genuine name-brand turbos on eBay?

If the latter, nothing wrong; if the former, well, I’d stay away.

listen to this guy.

Don’t listen to me when it comes to buying used turbos.

If it’s brand new, and it comes with warranty and all that jazz, go for it.

i think it’s a bad idea, and i am selling a mint condition garrett if you are intrested

i wouldnt buy anything from e bay that have moving parts like turbos etc.
when it comes to exhaust, fmic’s then its alright

just dont buy shit from SS auto chrome
everything they sell is shit

lol that was such a biased statement: “i think its a bad idea”

and then… “Oh by the way, im selling a mint condition garrett”

SSAC is all crap, it used to be, but in the last year they’ve cleaned up their act, and buying an FMIC or exhaust from Bings or any other no name place is EXACTLY like SSAC. Only thing I wouldn’t buy that’s no-name is a turbo.

lol that was such a biased statement: “i think its a bad idea”

and then… “Oh by the way, im selling a mint condition garrett”[/quote]

let me be more descriptive then…

ebay turbos are often sold for prices that are lower than what you would expect to pay because they are built by people that are paid 0.10 cents an hour to assemble turbo’s with super glue and Popsicle sticks all day. garrett employees are union workers that are paid very well and are given the best of tools and equipment to continue to build a good product.

if ebay turbos like XSPOWER and SSAUTOCHROME were really being built at the same level as those turbos then you wouldn’t see them cracked in half from heat and you wouldn’t find them leaving broken fins in your intake manifold.

FROM EXPERIENCE i have seen 2 levels of ebay turbos that were cheap and easy… the older xspowers and the newer ones. the ones that are labeled on the compressor outlet are complete garbage that is made in china and are produced for ssautocrap (who owns xspower and jdmsport so don’t think they are different companies) and they aren’t even bolted together… THEY USE EPOXY ON THE COMPRESSOR HOUSING to bond it to the mid section. they also claim that they use garrett internals and flanges… this is a part truth, they reverse engineered a garrett turbo and tried to copy it with out using the balancing tools and quality control that they do in Europe and the result is a turbo that heats up much faster and has alot more friction and lag based on the spinning mass rolling off center. this also results in the center bushings and bearings to wear faster which leads to premature oil leaks and other issues like oil being blow into intercoolers and bovs and other parts of the car.

realistically you’d be better off finding a junkyard turbo or buying one that is blown and rebuilding it if you are on a tight budget and absolutely need to boost a car but at then end of the day spending money on one of these turbos will only lead to headaches after the first few seasons of use.

now that said the new xspower turbo’s are supposed to be much better than the old ones and use a new housing that in comparison is much more refined than the old ones, they are being manufactured by a new company and are rumored to last much longer than the old one but again using these snails will result in the same failure over time.

if you are planning on running a turbo car then you have to understand that there are only really about 5-10 reputable turbo company’s that make turbos that are worth owning and that will stand behind thier products. this is why they are used by most of the manufactures in the stock turbo cars.

Garrett,Holset,KKK,IHI,MHI,HKS,Turbonetics and a few others are the only options for people that know anything about turbos reallyand of those most people think that the most reputable is garrett and the most desirable is hks…

frankly my statment before was biased and i didn’t support my argument at all but i wasn’t trying to really sell those garretts that hard (they sell them selves) but offering to give you a better option. sorry for not having more time to type at the time.

here is a shot of one that came apart at the glued seam

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzA3OTAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

here is a shot of a stainless manifold separating completely

http://www.dsmloggers.com/stuff/aas.jpg

still skeptical?

Complaint : headers had rust in them and hack marks on the flange. paid for bad quality part
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - NOT Rust, it is Manufacturing DUST -stainless steel does not RUST go read a book

Manufacturing Dust? Your joking right? Please see below…

Complaint : THE FLANGE IS WRONG BUY A NEW JIG…SPENT 400 TO HAVE ALTERED !JUNK!!!
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - what does the auction say IDIOT? NEEDS MODIFICATION- read it RETARDO!

Your in business and calling a guy a “retardo” What is a “regardo” anyways? I think your refering very rudly that he is mentally handicapped. If you knew anybody who was this way you would never call somebody that. Your a total jerk, I can’t believe I gave you my money for anything other then castration.

Complaint : Horrible customer service !!I Item DID NOT FIT!!!NO RESPONSE to multiple e-mails
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - wAAAHHH… Wahhh, Mommie, Mommie wAAAHHH… Wahhh wAAAHHH… Mommie, Mommie

You have got to be kidding me? Your seriously responded like that?

Complaint : Make manifolds with bad welds that crack. Don’t order crap for a good car.
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - This guy Never even paid for his auction, Never even sent him anything- LIAR

Some how I believe this guy did get a manifold.

Complaint : Product was not what was advertised, manifold cracked in 3 days!
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - OBX Gives Lifetime warranty - send it back and you get ANOTHER!

OBX Gives lifetime warranty? So what? Why do I wanna send back 15 manifolds a year because that is what would end up happening!

Neutral : very thin metal
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - AND NOW THE DITCH DIGGIN LOW LIFE DOES THIS - * get a Life You Lollipop Biatcch

He left neutral feedback which is neither good nor bad. Stated a fact and gets called a Biatcch. That’s Biatch your moron, you can’t even spell slang correctly.

Here is a bunch more that I wont bother commenting on.

Complaint : Ya delivery was fast, but it would be nice if IT WOULD FIT ON THERE RIGHT!

Complaint : HORRIBLE PRODUCT!NOT AS DESCRIBED! NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT BEFORE OR AFTER THE SALE!

Complaint : ford focus header and flex is a p.o.s and does not fit had to modify everything

Neutral : Headers no very good rust on them the following day after installation??
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - Emailed this guy for pics,w/ no repsonse - they are stainless - not sure if TRUE

Complaint : the header and uppipe was a complete disaster, I am praying no damge to my car
Response by www.ssautochrome.com - We tried and tried with this guy - some people are not meant to do Mod’s

personaly i think i would stick to some more reputable companies… anyways, if you are looking for a turbo watch my posts, i’m usualy priced as low as some ebay turbos and with me you are getting much better stuff from a guy that just likes cars instead of a company that likes ripping off people that just have a passion for their hobby and don’t have the money to play the games they want to play…

in all the reading and tuning i’ve done on ssautochrome i can only think of one thing to sum this all up in one comment…

“ssautocrap might as well be selling crack to kids”

ANY MORE COMMENTS ANY ONE?

:picard:

http://www.citynews.ca/images/2006-07/williamshatner.jpg

http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/insp_expendability.jpg

http://www.moveleft.com/moveleft/images/jeri_ryan_in_start_trek_voyager.jpg

:idhitit:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1084/fuedidhitit0ax.jpg

wait wait wait

was angelina jolie actually in star trek before?

god shes so much less sexy now

please tell me thats not her or its a joke or something

^^^^
thats no jolie, thats jeri ryan.

Why does everyone make such a big deal about Angelina Jolie, she’s not hot, at all. She got big tits, big woop, Jeri Ryan has huge knockers and is a lot hotter.

forget them all, nikki cox from unhappily ever after, i’m pretty sure she was created by scientists

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/c.a.gonzales/elvis/1-12/3-4/RCTops/2/images/nikki-cox-nude-6_jpg.jpg

a little off topic now huh?!

i have an “xs turbo” ka24de manifold…im starting to wonder if i should even waste my time with it… id be better off with a custom manifold!!

and i cant believe they actually talk to their customers like that…that company is a joke…

its probably a couple high school kids who learned how to weld in class and started making ghetto mani’s then getting a big company to mass produce their shit.

They are out only to make a quick buck but for some reason, they are still in business!!

EVERYONE shoulkd boycott them! Run them out of business

Its actually a guy who decided to order cheap car parts produced in china and rebrand them for sale in north america.