GtiKyle's Yamaha XS650 cafe/bratstyle build/rebuild

If my parts come in this week, I think a rideable cafe bike is definitely plausible by the end of the season.

Anytime lol, I love wrenching on vintage bikes…even if it does sometimes cause random fits of rage and swearing hahaha. I can’t wait until there’s a bunch more bikes together, a cafe cruise would be SWEET.

I hope your parts come soon, I was standing in the garage sunday and kyle’s g/f looked at me after I got kyles bike running and fixed my schwinn roadbike and was like “whats wrong” and I was like “uh…I have nothing left to fix and it feels wierd” lol

UPDATE !

Well it’s not finished but it runs and rides. I rode it to work today because I’ve been itching to ride so bad. Nick has the pictures I’m sure he will upload them soon

Got a great deal of the work left finished up yesterday…

added some extra layers to the seat pan for strength

Trimmed it up, and borrowed the rubber bumpers from the bottom of the stock seat to make this one play nice with the frame

yoga-mat padding

some really soft foam for contour-correcting spray-glued to the vinyl

Wrapping the fabric over the pan

finished seat

stance

Tail light comparo

I can take it, or leave it but it’s 100% more awesome than before. :tup:

personally, I think the seat needs some stitching to make it less bland. something like this would break it up…might even be a nice touch to try to match thread to the gold on the tank to sew in the “ribs” like the pic

http://www.bratstyle.com/custom/w650%20fukuda/photo%202651.jpg

going to slowly incorporate the gold as an accent color, main goal was to get it running well and rideable with no leaks or quirks…then re-address the looks/details

You should yank the whole rear fender and mount the light right under the seat…would look tits

I wanna chop the fender to shreds but nick is hesitant