GTIR T28 TURBO LINES -->TAKA,CIRCUIT SPORTS OR WHAT??? OIL RESTRICTOR NEEDED?

hey guys im putting in the t28 now because the t25 is smokin like a banshee and ive decided to go with braided turbo lines. i dont know which brand to go for or which supplier to buy from any input is much appreciated boys.

but the main question i have is when using the t28 non ball bearing do i need an oil pressure restrictor to protect the turbo seals when i switch the lines over?? if so what sise and where do i get one thanks for your time guys i need this info asap thinking bout doing it tonight or tomarow…

i am also curious… buying lines for a ball bearing t28… anything special needed?

Circuit sports makes good quality lines without the taka price tag. I ran them on my s13 blacktop, but I believe they make them for the 28 as well. You will want the restrictor to protect the ball bearing centre cartridge. Check out frsport. com as they have a good selection and that’s where I got mine.

for the gtir t28 u dont need the restrictor cause its journal bearing, so it needs alot of oil compared to a ball bearing turbo. however sometimes u do get some smoke, then i think ppl use a .65 restrictor for the journal bearing ones. I got the same turbo on a ka-t and from the research i’ve done, it should be just fine without it. If not just put one on there.

On top of that if you got 3an feed line this can also reduce the need for a restrictor.

I got this kit http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com/oil-uni.shtml
It fit perfect, and was like a bill shipped

thanks jeeta thats what i was wondering beacause i know u dont need it for the t25 because its journal bearing but everybody on the forums said use the restrictor on the t28bb but the gtir t28 is journal bearing so i wasnt sure. did u use the universal line kit or what??

ya i used the universal t25 kit

Taka is no longer in business, he got a couple promotions at work and stopped selling lines. The last few times i placed orders i had to go through his distributor and it wasnt the same service or price.

Taka was more expensive because he used genuine Earl’s fittings. Cicruit Sport, ISIS etc. etc. all use lesser fittings.

I’ve sold the CS and ISIS grade lines in the past and have a set in stock but only for S14 (coolant line is different). I’ve never heard reports of them being faulty.

I do have restrictors in stock but my supplier for lines has not had the S13 SR lines in stock for several months.

Varun had lines made locally that appear to be pretty solid as well.

how long were the lines roughly because it looks like it says 4 feet on the website, did u have to trim the lines or did they come with the fittings already attached? do u have any pics of the lines installed??

if not i need the those lines bing . so it will deffinatly fit a blacktop in an s14 right???

ya they are the perfect length for a bottom mount, i went from the front of the engine for the feed and it fit perfect, and my return was the perfect length as well. My bung is where the ac bracket is, i dont know about the sr, but watever, you can just cut the line and put the fitting in.

The fittings come in the lines