GTR

i found this article the goes into lots of detail about R32 GTR its sweet how much potential this car has. Lots of people might now this already but im posting it anyway

The GT-R returned with twin ceramic turbochargers, all-wheel steering, all wheel drive, and 280 hp 206 kW at 6800 rpm. The RB26DETT engine actually produced 320 hp, but it was unstated due to the Japanese car makers’ “gentlemen’s agreement” not to exceed 276 hp. The engine was designed for 500 hp in racing trim , and then muzzled by the exhaust, boost restriction, and ECU. The electronic boost control had a small physical restriction in the control lines. It was marked in yellow so the new owner could remove it and enjoy a safe factory boost increase. The GT-R had Super HICAS, a more advanced computer controlled four wheel steering system using electric actuators

Wikipedia pwns your face.

dont forget to mention that at high RPMs the GTRs crank snout to oil pump drive fails, due to minimal contact, lossing oil pressure and spinning a lower bearing or rod bearing…but other than that it is a sexy car indeed…just dont mistake a GTS-t for one pls.

GTR :butthead:

Super HICAS never came out untill the R33’s.

GT-R’s are fast as hell stock cars…let alone tuned.

you will never find a gtr that dynos at more then 280hp stock.
Thats a load of shit, under rated my ass haha.

And as stated already until mid 93 production the oil crank drive was prone to faliures due to it’s .5" size rather then the later 1" drives.

I agree. :butthead:

And 15 years of abuse has nothing to do with that…

not even a fresh rebuilt rb26 in stock form will lay down 280hp to the wheels.
I know because i tried it.
there is just no way on small twin t28’s and 7 lbs of boost.

Not to mention the stock exhaust looks like a slinky and the air box opening isn’t even big enough to fit you hand through it.

Of course you are only going to get 280hp on a stock GTR, because its D tuned to that. so can you clearly tell me did you or did you not open the exhaust, Re tune the ECU.
and open up Phisical restriction on the boost controler?

maybe with a really agressive tune and some race gas you might be close. remember AWD is a big power loss

wow. just … RE-TUNE the ecu eh…

…Im indifferent to these pissing matches as I own both a GT-R and a 180sx…

…but a stock GT-R will lay out a stock 180sx/silvia.

I think the disrespect for the GT-R here is amazing.

considering you can purchase 2 s13’s with a price of a single gt-r. I dont think nobody is laying nobody out.

…so you can buy two cars that are slower than a GT-R for the price of one GT-R???

…that proves nothing at all…

…you could probably buy six tempo’s for the price of one GT-R…are we getting any closer to anything here?

its like a screw on the side of the ecu you can turn to get more power … .a little known fact about the godzilla

You hit the nail on the head with that one Caithness it is so true, maybe what he is getting at is putting 2, four cylinder engines togerther from the S-13’s, wait thats what they call a V-8.

its like a screw on the side of the ecu you can turn to get more power … .a little known fact about the godzilla[/quote]

i always thought taking out the air filter gave you more power.

But buy one 180SX, put about 2000 (1/4 the price of another 180SX) and you will have a car that beats most of the GT-R’s in alberta, modified or not

but its not 4wd … doesnt have 2 turbos … doesnt have the name skyline or godzilla on it … no street cred … and hasnt been in any hollywood movies … totally lame … I would go GTR or go home