GTR's are the new Corvettes, hobo's buying them with foodstamps [split]

Yup, I got my car for less than a third of its value 4 years old and still under warranty. I could never see me buying a new car. I almost leased something this past winter, but with the rental car, and the lack of snow my car made it through winter just fine.

Next fall I will either look into leasing again, or buy a beater. My only problem is I’m used to the luxury. It sucks not having those things. I still am kinda pissed at myself for not buying Donnie’s SRX. I think if it was the same color as my v I would have ended up buying it.

I figured it was around that ballpark.

I love GTR’s, but there is no way with a good mind I could justify buying one at the moment. I refuse to have a payment of that size. I know you put alot down and your situation makes sense. Since I payed my cobra off, I happen to like the luxury of not paying for a car. At this point in my life, responsibilities are paramount. And I need to focus on other things.

So… with that said… when can I get a ride in that thing?! Lmao!

You should be… You’ll never find another one that loaded for the price I would have let it go for. You didn’t even make me an offer…

Sure can man. It will seem slow to your Cobra. I understand the priority thing. I just bought a new house… hopefully my “forever” house in Latham.

Also, these cars are not cheap to mod. All the 1000whp cars you see on Youtube… that’s like an easy $80K. Major “GTR Tax” on parts. Cat backs are $2-3K… intakes $500 … midpipe $1000,

Just a basic P700 (550awhp) kit from Switzer is like $14000.

thats crazy as hell for insurance. i hate paying 60 a month for my cts-v. couldnt imagine 2-300…

I don’t get it either. I have no points or tickets, I think the GT-R is around $80 a month.

Also, some companies have black listed the car and will not insure it for ungodly rates.

80 a month is great. Not to mention your credit is probably stellar too.

2500-3k is just insane, thats almost my car payment.

Alright then! I cant wait!

Yeah, major GTR tax on parts. Ive been doing alot of lurking on forums and reading alot about the r35 platform. I guess companies figure if you have the money for a GTR, then you have the money for GTR parts lol. Its just like any other high end exotic or high end super car. Its a little out of control to say the least.

It gets expensive after 650whp or so… when you have to start building things.

Its a badass car, but they are finnicky too. And if the motor or trans lets go expect to pay $25k. Hense my mild puss mods.

Plus you know it’s a GT-R. You don’t need quadruple digit whp to make it an enjoyable car I’d assume.

So the other day, I was jerking off and I slipped off, hit the dresser and started gushing blood out of my hand. I went to get up and get something to stop the bleeding, slipped on my own puddle of blood and semen – fell into my closet door and broke it off the hinges. Now, I couldn’t do much at this point as I was completely fucked up. Sprained my dick and my ankle, hand is undoubtedly broken and I’m covered in a semen-blood emulsion… So I called the neighbor. He comes over, but for some reason brought his entire family. It was awkward.

Anyway, I had a salad for lunch.

I laughed out loud when I read the title of this thread, strong work Sbardy. STRONG

I paid $12,500 for my '05 Elantra and a used one was $13 at Fuccillo so even though I had no intention of buying a new one it made more sense.

Im paying $94 for my truck alone with full coverage and no points/accidents. Im guessing yours is insured as a ‘pleasure’ vehicle though. My Mustang was only $40 a month but it was old and I didnt have collision on it.

Who is your insurance through? I just put my red s2k on the road today and it was like $100 a month. i’ve got 3 other cars on my policy, a motorcycle, a house and a diamond ring. I’m 26 with a clean record, no tickets ever with defensive driving.

you insured a ring? Why? Ive never heard of anybody doing that.

Because losing it or having it stolen and being out a ton of money would suck?

my mom actually lost hers a few years ago

i spent a lot of money on an engagment ring, if it ever gets lost or stolen i want to be covered on it, not to get a cash settlement, just to be able to get a new one and replace it. it only costs about 90 a year and is well worth it if anything ever happens to it. it’s pretty common to ensure these things.

SRS?! i had mine insured b4 i even gave it to my fiance!

^same here