Guy makes his own atom

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/09/z59_incredible_homebuilt.html

pretty impressive.

honestly, If I was more confident in the fact that I could built a solid and straight frame, I would do it.

sick car, ill take one!

where is Lafengas and why hasn’t he made this in his basement yet!

What do you think he’s doing right now?

Anyone have a guess at what a budget would be to build something like this? It says that he was recycling parts and such, but the frame has to be new, and well brakes, suspension etc… can’t really be just scrap parts. I wonder aside from the significant time, what it would cost in materials to have a street legal track car like this.

thats pretty cool, there was a guy last year on the focus forums that built a kit he imported from europe that was very similar and threw in the 6spd SVT focus drivetrain with a powerworks supercharger, shit was nuts

His left front tire is on backwards. Stupid Destroy-it-yourselfers :P, j/k

It is on backwards for real though

lol… :noob:

very cool.

when i seen it i thought, ariel atom

he builds a car from scratch then trusts it to roll on motegi wheels? and why in the hell isnt there a k20a2? the a3 is a turd.

either way, sick as hell.

LOL i knew i wasnt the only one who noticed that. why not just toss on the rsx wheels.

0-60: 4.5 seconds?

Isnt that slow?

Very cool DIY.

I always wondered if it would be possible to look at all the pictures of an Atom and make a rough copy. I guess you can. It would be cool to know how much $$$ he has invested in that.

with enough pictures you can scale anything.

^ Disadvantage exposed structural bits. :slight_smile:

In the comments he said it cost him 11K to build. (and he knows about the tire.)

Pretty sweet if you ask me. I need a bigger garage!

Hmmm… 11k for a pretty convincing Atom knockoff. Not bad at all.

heres my dad’s home build car series
you might have herd of them, there called Cup Lites

http://k43.pbase.com/u48/cuplites/upload/30658932.Insidea2.jpg